Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jordan (Aqaba) Sept/Oct 2008 D-33




The bus arrived at the famous Dahab beach around 4.30am and a group of 7-8 foreign backpackers dropped off at this point. Apparently, they were going for scuba diving as this place has clear crystal water and beautiful coral reefs.

There were a few security checks on our bus from Dahab to Nuweiba, an hour ride.

On arrival at Nuweiba bus station, I walked to the ferry ticketing counter and the place was crowded with people awaiting for the counter to open at 8.00am. I joined the queue and it took me more than an hour to purchase a fast ferry ticket (US70=Rm245) and get my passport back.

Realizing it would be a long day, I bought some groceries from a shop and then walked to the Immigration complex for boarding the ferry. The complex was full of people and it took more than an hour for passport processing.

At around 4.00pm, the ferry departed Nuweiba for the Gulf of Aqaba and I arrived at Aqaba around 6.00pm. As it was getting dark I decided to stay for a night in Jordan Flower hostel (5JOD=Rm26) instead of heading to Amman by night bus.

I had a Korean traveler as my room mate and we had a kebab dinner (3.5JOD=Rm19) at a cafée near the hostel tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment