Saturday, September 13, 2008

Turkey (Denizli) Sept/Oct 2008 D-15


Today was the first day of the Seker Bayram in Turkey (the 3 day holiday at the end of the Ramandan). The mosque in the Pamukkale Village, near my hostel, was packed with local people attending their prayers to welcome the festive occasion.
At 8.00am, I took a microbus (2TRY=Rm5.70) from Pamukalle to Denizli to catch a long distance bus to Antakya for crossing to Syria. It was a long day for me as I had to wait at the Denizli bus terminal from 9.00am to take a direct bus (50TRY=Rm142) departing 6.30pm to Antakya arriving the following morning.

I spent most of my time walking around the town. At the bus terminal. I met and chatted with 3 travelers from Israel.






" Charming ! Colorful ! Cosmopolitan ! Cute ! Cool ! You will not regret coming to Turkey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment