|Lover's Bridge in Tanjung Sepat, Selangor|
|Tanjung Pial, the Southernmost Tip of Mainland Asia Continent, Johor|
|Sg Dua Waterfall, off KL-Karak highway, Pahang|
" Monday is a happy friendship day "
|Map of Peninsula Malaysia|
|State of Pahang, Malaysia|
All of our group members are not beer drinkers so no Oktoberfest mood for us to celebrate in my home country ! Instead for this October month, using Monday as the off day for my Klang buddies, we had in our leisure visited a few touristy places in and around the states of Pahang & Selangor. In addition, during the last 2-3 years, our group had also visited a number of nearby touristy places in various states (Perak & Kelantan) of Peninsula Malaysia and neighboring countries like Thailand & Laos and our group's next visit will be Cambodia in February 2018 after the Chinese New Year !
Though we are all in our twilight years, our friendship has blossomed ever since we come to know each other in recent years ! A fabulous friendship indeed multiplies the good in LIFE during our retirement or semi-retirement years ! Stay healthy and is our desire to travel as much as we can and make hay while the sun shine !
Travel itinerary : Kuala Lumpur > Bukit Tinggi > Bentong > Sg Dua Waterfall > Chamang Waterfall > Bukit Tinggi > Kuala Lumpur
Distance from Kuala Lumpur > Bukit Tinggi - 54km
Bukit Tinggi > Bentong - 38km
Bentong > Sg Dua Waterfall - 14km
Bentong > Chamang Waterfall - 10km
1) My Klang Buddies - Chim, Wong, Hui, Tee & Koh, together our group visited several touristy places in Pahang ie Bukit Tinggi, Bentong, Sungei Dua & Chamang waterfall. Each of our group member volunteered and chipped in to pay for our group dinner & lunch while Chim had kindly used his vehicle to drive us around and our co drivers were Wong & Koh. Tee & myself took the back seat so both of us just sit & relaxed and enjoyed the company !
|Sungei Dua Warterfall, Pahang|
2) Bukit Tinggi village, Pahang - 35km from the cool Genting Highlands Resort, an hour drive from Kuala Lumpur, located along the Kuala Lumpur - Karak Expressway, under the Bentong district, lies 2,500ft above sea level. Tourists heading to Genting Highlands or upon their return normally make a stopover for lunch at a number of restaurants or buy home some fresh produce ie guava, sweet corn, leafy vegetables, ginger powder etc in Bukit Tinggi !
3) Selesa Hillhomes & Golf Resort, Bukit Tinggi - located at the foot of Gunung Ulu Kali mountain, 22km from the Chin Swee Caves Temple in Genting Highlands
4) Morning scenery in Bukit Tinggi from Hui's rented apartment & Hui's auntie's durian farm located 500m from the Selesa Hillhomes; fresh, cool & clean air abounds here all year round !
5) Hui's auntie durian farm in Bukit Tinggi - now under bud grafting
|the old durian tress are now undergoing bud grafting|
6) Our group's breakfast at a coffee shop / noodle stall in downtown Bukit Tinggi
7) Bentong town, Pahang - located in western Pahang, 38km from Bukit Tinggi, the Bentong district also covers the Genting Highlands & Bukit Tinggi area
8) Our group's lunch (pork & beef fried noodles) at the old Lee Sung Kee restaurant in downtown Bentong before heading home !
10) Bean curd drink, taufu fa & taufu puff are Bentong's favorite food to taste and buy back home !
|RM1 for a glass of hot bean curd beverage|
11) Bentong Pasar (wet market) - closed on Monday, where I normally buy the white & brown taufu & taufu puff !
12) Sg Dua Waterfall, Kampung Sungai Dua, Pahang - off the Karak highway, 14km from Bentong town, access road not easy to locate, ask the local residents or orang asli for directions, ideal for camping & family outing during the weekends, my first time visit !
|Chim & Hui volunteered to drive us around. Wong & Koh were co-drivers. Tee & myself took the back seats !|
|Orang Asli wooden house|
13) Taman Eko Rimba Chamang waterfall, Pahang - 10km from Bentong town, small entrance fee for drive in cars, a popular tourist spot for urbanites & families to picnic or go for a swim near the waterfall, takes a casual walk on the canopy bridge, again my first time visit !
|State of Johor Map , Peninsula Malaysia|
" My Cuti Cuti Malaysia 3 days 2 nights family visit from Subang Jaya to the state of Johor, Peninsula Malaysia (7-9 Oct 2017) together with my brother Weng & sister Mei "
Travel itinerary : Kuala Lumpur > Johor Bahru > Pontian Kechil > Kukup > Tanjong Piai National Park > Muar > Kuala Lumpur
Distance from Kuala Lumpur > Johor Bahru - 329km
Johor Bahru > Pontian - 50km
Pontian > Kukup - 21km
Kukup > Tanjung Piai - 11km
Pontian > Muar - 154km
|Brother Weng & Sister Mei|
|Tanjong Piai is located at the Southern most tip of the mainland of Asia Continent|
|Dried noodles - Rm4.50|
|Bought home a loaf of Hainanise bread - Rm3.50|
" My Cuti Cuti Malaysia day trip from Klang to Sepang, Bukit Pelandok, Tanjong Sepat, Morib, Bukit Jugra, Carey Island on 2nd Oct 2017 together with my Klang's travel buddies "
Sepang > Bukit Pelandok Fishing Jetty - 10km
Bukit Pelandok > Tanjung Sepat - 36km
Tanjung Sepat > Morib - 16km
Bukit Jugra > Carey Island - 26km
Carey Island > Klang > Subang Jaya - 53km
|Chim, Wong Tee & K M Cheng having our light lunch in Bukit Jugra|
|Chim used his vehicle to drive us around for this Selangor trip .|
1) Bukit Pelandok Fishing Jetty, Selangor - near the southern Selangor & Negri Sembilan state border
2) Tanjong Sepat, Selangor - located in the Kuala Langat district, 50km from Klang and it is on the Straits of Malacca, a popular seafood town, local tourist enjoy coming to visit the Lover's bridge, recently re-built after the old wooden bridge collapsed in 2013 ! the town is also famous for abundance planting of dragon fruit - a nutritious table fruit pinkish in color !
|Bukit Jugra Lighthouse|
Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall - Bandar Sunway
|Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall|
Sunway Pyramid Hotel
Sunway Clio Hotel - a newly opened 4 star hotel in Bandar Sunway
My evening dinner with my family members in Go Noodle House & Kafe Snowflake, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall
Celebrating Mid-Autumn (Moon Cake) Festival at Zhineng Qigong center in USJ 19, Subang Jaya - buffet dinner (27/9/2017), over 100 of our Qigong members attended !