Travel Itinerary : Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Manila > Kuala Lumpur
Air Asia airfare (inclusive of travel insurance): Rm617
Sky bus (Sentral>KLIA) : Rm6 x 2 = Rm12 (Senior)
In flight lunch: Rm24
Hostel (6 nights) : PHP525 x 6 = PHP3,150 (Rm284)
Food (7 days): PHP1,586 (Rm142)
Jeepneys, LRT/MRT & Taxi : PHP1,739 (Rm156)
Entrance fee : PHP75 (Fort Santiago)
Sundries : PHP140 (Rm12.60)
Exchange rate: Rm1=11.11 Peso; US$1=49.50 Peso; US$1=Rm4.30
If you enjoyed deep fried food, Manila is the right place for you to savor these food found at food courts in major shopping malls in Manila. The 2 popular local fast food chains are Jollibee & Chow King.
The historic Intramuros & Fort Santiago are a must see & the Commercial Business District of Ayala & Makati is worth a visit especially near the Greenbelt & the Ayala Triangle Gardens area. For those who enjoy window shopping, you may like to visit the new concept mega malls ie Malls of Asia & the Venice Grand Canal Mall / Piazza .
Manila was voted as one of the 100 Best Cities in the World by Lonely Planet in 2009 ! I am glad that after all these years of travelling, my passion has taken me to a total of 58 Best Cities in the World - a great outcome indeed !
2) Statute of the Sentinel of Freedom, Rizal Park
3) Jose Rizal Monument, Rizal Park
4) La Madre Filipina, Rizal Park
13) Roman Catholic Cathedral of Manila, Intramuros
14) San Agustin Church & Convent, Intramuros
15) Fort Santiago (Spanish Military Garrison), Intramuros
16) National Museum
17) City Hall of Manila, Metro Manila
18) Binondo (China Town), Manila
21) Quezon Memorial Shrine, Quezon
24) Bay Walk
27) Greenbelt 1-5
28) Glorietta (Makati)
34) Century City Mall (Makati)
35) A Venue Mall, Makati
36) Venice Piazza (Taguig City)
For hostel accommodation in Manila, we were looking for a " Good Shepherd " and instead we got " Our Melting Pot " - the pot which melted our time & presence in Manila for the next 7 days !