2018 is the year of the earth dog. The dog is the 11th in the 12th year cycle of the Chinese Zodiac sign ! Those who are born in the year of dog (ie 1958,1970,1982,1994 & 2006) are said to be loyal, honest, the truest friends and most reliable partner you will able find .....
The Chinese New Year known as Spring Festival begins on the 23rd day of the 12th month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar. The festival lasts for 15th days. During the eve of the Chinese New Year, a reunion dinner is normally held at homes and is regarded as one of the most important meals for Chinese families ! The 1st day of the Chinese New Year in 2018 falls on Friday 15th Feb. The last day of the Chinese New Year celebration is on Friday 2nd March - Thanks god is two Fridays TG1 but 2F !
1) Wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year & a Happy Holiday to all my readers ! Happy travelling in 2018 ! May the Dog year brings you abundance of joy, good health & fortune !
2) Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur - my Jalan Jalan (walkabout) to this iconic building on Tuesday 13th Feb 2018 (pre-Chinese New Year visit) !
3) Suria KLCC Shopping Mall, Kuala Lumpur
4) KLCC Esplanade, Kuala Lumpur
5) Pasar Seni (Central Market) Kuala Lumpur
Chinese New Year Eve - Thursday 15th Feb 2018
8) Cheng's family get together reunion dinner at my elder sister Inn's house in Taman Equine, Putra Permai, Selangor.
Day-1 Chinese New Year Friday 16 Feb 2018
9) Chinese New Year lunch at brother-in-law (Sam)'s house in USJ, Subang Jaya - a yearly CNY tradition !
10) Cuti Cuti (Vacation); Makan Makan (Eating), Shopping (CNY goodies) and Jalan Jalan (Walkabout) pre-Chinese New Year & during the CNY period !
11) Shopping for Chinese New Year goodies at Aeon Big Supermarket, Subang Jaya, Selangor
12) My favorite Astro CCTV 4 during the CNY - Chinese New Year Eve 2018 Spring Festival evening show in China; very entertaining; live broadcast worldwide not to be missed !