Saturday, September 13, 2008

Turkey (Cappadocia) Sept/Oct 2008 D-7


I had a running nose for the next few days due to a chill and cold I contracted last night. As I missed the Rose Valley trekking tour yesterday, I decided to venture out with a room mate from America. After breakfast, both of us walked to the Open Air Museum and started our trekking from there. There were small wooden signs and markings on the rocks to guide us to Rose Valley , a 2-3km walk through rough and high terrains. Along the way, we saw various eerie rock formations , in red & white color.

In the afternoon, I took a bus and visited the Pigeon Valley, located 3-4 km from Goreme. For my return trip, I chose to walk back as I could see Goreme and the various amazing sights from a higher ground. Tourists can opt for 3-4 different type of half day or one day tour in Goreme under Blue, Green, Red and Yellow tour package, which cover places like valleys (Selve, Soganli, Rose, Love & Pigeon); underground city (Kayamakli, Derinkuyu); others ( Open air museum, Ucisar rock castle, Pasabag fairy chimneys, Belisirma village etc )

After staying two nights in Goreme, it was time for me to move on and I had booked a ticket (45TRL=Rm128) to Istanbul departing Goreme around 9.00pm. The overnight trip would take 8-9 hours.


"Throughout my life, I had not done any trekking of rough terrains, valleys & gorges for as far as 3-4 km. Cappadocia was my first. I was ill prepared for this but I passed with flying color"

No comments:

Post a Comment