Saturday, September 13, 2008

Egypt (Luxor & Cairo) Sept/Oct 2008 D-28

Luxor Town & Nile River boat cruise





As I did not have luck in buying a train ticket at the Luxor train station for my trip back to Cairo, (the train was fully booked), I decided to take an evening bus (LE100=Rm68) instead. 

As for this morning, we decided to go for a felucca boat ride on the River Nile. After much haggling, we paid LE25=17 (cost sharing of LE12.5 each) for an hour of boat ride. Ideally, this boat ride should be done in the evening when the sun is about to set and the wind is stronger.

On my way back to the hostel, I had a slow walk to the El-Souk shopping street. It was not that busy as Luxor is a small town. In front of the Luxor train station, I enjoyed seeing a group of tourists taking a horse drawn carriage ride around the town.

We spent the rest of our time at the hostel and after a shower, we left the hostel around 4.30pm. I parted with my American buddy as he was heading to Hurghada, a tourist beach resort of the Red Sea coast, before continuing his travel to Israel.

My bus departed at 6.30pm and at around 12.00pm, the bus stopped at Hurghada to drop off some passengers. I had a quick glimpse of this modern Hurghada town, very lively at night and I believe the people's livelihood here mainly dependent on tourism.

I slogged for a night in the bus for my journey back to Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment