Saturday, September 13, 2008

Turkey (Antakya) Sept/Oct 2008 D-5



At around 4.00am, we passed the Syrian Immigration check point. After paying 500SP=Rm38 for departure tax, the bus continued the journey until we reached the Turkey Immigration complex. The Turkey side was pretty strict when checking our luggage and passengers with excessive foodstuff had their items confiscated on the spot. One local guy was furious when few of his food packages were detained. Eastern Turkey is more scenic and had more greeneries than Jordan & Syria and I enjoyed the beautiful view of the country side. After a six hour ride, we arrived at Nevsehir and continued with our bus journey (12.5TRL=Rm35.60) to Goreme, which is in Cappadocia.

On arrival in Goreme, I walked to the Tourism Information office and sought their help in making a call to our hostel, Traveller's Cave Pension. Within minutes, a van came and picked us up to an eerie shaped hostel. I parted with my Japanese buddy as the hostel was full with one dorm bed 12.5TRL=Rm35.60) left for me. After a long tiresome bus ride from Aleppo>Antakya>Nevsehir>Goreme (12 hours on the bus) , I retired earlier to bed. My first night sleeping in a natural cave room 




"Cappadocia lives up to be a Natural Wonder of the world - a great place for honeymooners"

No comments:

Post a Comment