Saturday, September 13, 2008

Turkey (Pamukkale) Sept/Oct 2008 D-14



From Bodrum , I took a bus ( 25TRL=Rm71) to Denizili and then took a microbus (2TRL=Rm5.70) to Pamukkale. I stayed in Mustafa Pension (8.5TRY=Rm24) in Pamukkale village, which was close to the entrance site of Pamukkale travertines & Hierappolis ruins. To enter both sites, I paid 20TRL=Rm57.

Pamukkale is famous for its snow white ledges with pools (travertines) and terraces. As the place was slippery, all visitors had to remove their shoes as we had to climb up the plateau. The water in the travertines were warm and many took the opportunities to place their feet onto the water, which claimed to have healing properties. It was drizzling off and on at the time of my visit and my small umbrella was put to good use. At the top of the plateau, the wind was strong and I had to be extra careful in my descend to the lower ground.

Due to time constraints, I did not enter the Hierapolis ruins. What a waste !

As it was raining in the evening, I had my dinner in the hostel.









"Pamukkale is a natural wonder. White cotton fortress, travertines (pools), warm mineral water cascading from the cotton terraces plus an ancient Roman spa town - a real attraction to tourists"






















































No comments:

Post a Comment