Saturday, September 13, 2008

Egypt (Cairo) Sept/Oct 2008 D-32

After touring Egypt for 10 days, today is my last day in Cairo. It was a wonderful visit as I had virtually seen 9 wonders for this trip in Egypt. The outcome was fantastic, although there are still more places to see like oasis, beaches and ancient Egyptian temples.

Here are some interesting pictures I had taken in Cairo: over-crowded train, old tram ride for retirees and old people, Cairo by night from my hostels, afternoon tea in El-Fishaway, Kan El-Kalili bazaar.
In the morning , I checked out of the hostel and left the luggage at the reception counter. I had a full day in Cairo as my bus departure was 8.30pm. I took the opportunity to join with two hostel mates and spent most of our time at Kan El-Kalili, the world best known oriental bazaar. This place is a real shopping haven for locals and tourists alike. You need to haggle a lot for the price otherwise you can easily put a dent in your pockets. After a long walk, we found a 400 year old cafe, El Fishawy and rested our feet there with a pot of hot Egyptian tea (8EP=Rm5.50) & coffee.

We were back at the hostel at around 5.00pm and along the way, I bought some bread and pizza as dinner tonight. I took a shower at the hostel before taking a train to the Turgoman bus station. The night bus (80EP=Rm55) left Cairo at 8.30pm for Nuweiba.







" Planning the Egypt trip was not easy. There were nightmares in ferry crossings, long train and bus rides, reckless car drivers, overcrowding trains , dust & pollution, hustling, 20 million people in Cairo and 1 million cars ..... when the going is tough the tough gets going "

No comments:

Post a Comment