Saturday, May 31, 2014

Don't cry for me, my dear Syria




It won't be easy you'll think it's strange, when I try to explain how I feel. That I still think of your country (Syria) after all the travelling I had done in Sept 2008 

I had to let it happen, I had to change after my retirement and look out of the window to see the world with my own eyes

So I chose free & easy travels, running around Damascus, Palmyra, Homs & Aleppo and what I saw in your country, impressed me a lot (www.km-travel.blogspot.com)

There was no fortune & fame for me in my travelling life, though it seemed to the world that I possessed a strong desire to visit as many UNESCO world heritage sites as possible 

Don't cry for me, my dear Syria. The truth is I never left my fond memory on you but now with the shelling, looting & occupation caused by the Syrian civil war, it saddened me. Since the civil uprising which started in Jan 2011 and until now the fighting has yet to stop ..... The six UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Syria are probably now in ruins                                                                                                  

Have I say too little or too much 

There is nothing more I can think of to say of my dear Syria but all we have to do is look forward to a day when peace shall prevail and bestow to your beloved country again. We are the world, we are the ones who make a brighter day


Oh Syria, my dear Syria - Don't cry for me 



Damascus (UNESCO World heritage site)

Ancient city - 1,000 yrs old




Old Citadel, Damascus 

Omayyard Mosque  (705AD)

Shouk Al-Hamiddieyeh

Palmyra (UNESCO World Heritage site)






Homs


Chevaliers Castle - Homs
Unesco World Heritage site

Together we visited Palmyra / Homs 

Aleppo

Old Hotel Baron - Aleppo
Banana juice drink in Aleppo

" Everyday is a new beginning, takes a deep breath and start again "



" Every journey is personal. Every journey is spiritual. You can't compare them, can't replace, can't repeat. You can bring back the memories but they only bring tears to your eyes " 

No comments:

Post a Comment