Friday, October 11, 2019

India (Kolkata, West Bengal) Sept/Oct 2019 Part 5 (Mother Teresa)




" Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, Albanian (26 August 1910-5 Sept 1997) commonly known as Mother Teresa and honored in the Catholic Church as Saint Teresa of Calcutta was an Albanian-Indian Roman Catholic nun & missionary. She was born in Skopje, after living in Skopje for 18 years, she moved to Ireland & then to India, where she lived most of the life. In 1950, Teresa founded the Missionary of Charity, a Roman Catholic religious congregation that had over 4,500 nuns & was active in 133 countries in 2012 " 

My 3rd encounter with Mother Teresa's life history, legacy & memorial in overseas (Kolkata, India - Oct 2019) 

1) In memory of Saint Mother Teresa - Quotes & pictures of Mother Teresa found in an old tram I was travelling from Esplanade to Old part of Kolkata. I was so happy & found all these pictures of Mother Teresa & her quotes in the interior of this 117 years old tram - I had found "Gold" in this tram ride in Old Kolkata ! Old is Gold !  


2) In honor of Mother Teresa - Words of Wisdoms, Pictures & Portraits of Mother Teresa exhibited in Park Street Metro station in Kolkata 


3)  Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa) for sick & dying in Kolkata 



4) Mother Teresa Sarani Street (Park Street), Kolkata. The hostel ie Backpacker Park where I stayed for 3 nights in Kolkata is located in Park Street, a famous thoroughfare in the city ! Current official name was given by Kolkata Municipal Corporation in honor of Mother Teresa. 


My 2nd encounter with Mother Teresa' life history, legacy & memorial in overseas (Skopje, Macedonia - March 2019) 

In March 2019, My wife & my youngest sister & myself went on a 15 days package tour to Balkans. The Balkan travel itinerary included a visit to Skopje, Macedonia, the birth place of Mother Teresa. I am pleased to share with you several of the pictures I had taken when I visited the Mother Teresa's Memorial in Skopje ! 



My 1st encounter with Mother Teresa's life history, legacy & memorial in overseas (Skopje, Macedonia - May 2014) - my 1st backpacking visit to Balkans !  

No comments:

Post a Comment