"My Golden Years - My Travel Days - The Best Moments of My Life". Welcome to KM Cheng-Travel Journal. After retirement, I have developed a passion in travelling. I hope by blogging, I could share my travel experiences with friends. My travel journal will include travel tips, information on cost of hostels & transportation, air tickets and photos of places I visited. It is my desire to visit major UNESCO world heritage sites. Enjoy reading and please feel free to leave comments.
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Matsumoto, Japan 2017
Matsumoto City Map
Day 4 - Matsumoto > Kamikochi (120km)
Matsumoto is a mountain city on Japan main island, Honshu. It's known for Matsumoto Castle, a 16th century stronghold. The Japanese Alps loom overhead with hot spring, ski runs & hiking trails.
1) Morning stroll at Kamikochi city center (prior to breakfast)
Matsumoto Train Station
2) Buffet breakfast at Tokyu Rei Hotel, Matsumoto
3) Matsumoto Castle - one of Japan's premier historic castle, a national treasure. The building is also know as the "Crow Castle" due to its black exterior
Entrance fee Y610
4) A panoramic view of Matsumoto city as seen from the top of the Matsumoto Castle
5) Wasabi Farm, Matsumoto (a complimentary tour not included in Parlo's travel itinerary - Terima Kasih , Parlo) - what a great place to learn about wasabi farming, highly educational and well worth a visit as the place is very scenic