Sunday, September 16, 2007

India (New Delhi > Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia) July 2007 D-25

Today is my last day in New Delhi. I took a morning walk around my hostel . Guessed what I bought - 2 kilos of Indian mangoes for Rs100=Rm9 to bring home. My concern was the Malaysian Customs as all fresh fruit have to be declared and if found to be infested with fruit fry disease will be destroyed on the spot. But I was willing to take the risk !

I felt the heat wave outside even though I sat inside the hostel reception area. I could feel the sweats drenching all my body and my singlet and T-shirt were wet to skin.

As my flight departure was around midnight , I booked a taxi ( Rs250=Rm22.50) from the hostel and arrived at the Indira Gandhi airport around 6.30pm.

I arrived at KLIA around 10.30am on the next morning. Home sweet home at last !

In closing, I have some interesting pictures containing words taken during the trip which convey the following: some kind words , some are words of wisdom , one is a reminder to traveler , two are good for a laugh , another is a recognition of being there !

1) This notice board at the Kalka railway station may have been there some 40-50 years ago ! If a stranger gives me an Indian mangoes , I will accept it instantly !


2) Mt Everest is 8,848m above sea level. The Everest base camp is 5,000m so I still have a long way to go as 17,582 ft is just above 5,000m ! But I probably have no problem visiting Lhasa, Tibet, which is 3,700m above sea level.


3) Can we have a signboard that reads Yes Yes Chinese Fast Food ?


4) A World Peace Gong in Gandhi Museum. How about we have a World Peace Drum for our Chinese lion dance in Malaysia


5) Roses are red - my love !


6) I stared at this bus ticketing board for quite some time trying to figure out how much I had to pay for my bus ticket to the next destination. Any one has a straight answer after reading the words in this board ?



7) Yes, we all need peace in this world - loud and clear !


" After 24 days in India, I slept well in the plane. Thanks god I did not suffer from any diarrhea and acute mountain sickness on this trip. God blessed me and let's hope that the political conflict in Kasmir will end soon - May peace prevail on this wonderland of Kashmir and Ladakh ! "

No comments:

Post a Comment