Sunday, September 16, 2007

India (Leh, Ladakh) July 2007 D-13

The Himalayas A team

Bon Voyage - Saying bye bye to our HC members who participated in the jeep safaris to the Himalaya range in Ladakh. We came in high spirit. We parted with lots of joy and fun. We left behind our foot prints in Ladakh ! Let's hope we meet again in another corner of the earth one fine day ! Thank you all for the friendship especially Caesar for inviting the overseas HC members to Ladakh.

Today was my last day in Leh. From Srinagar to Ladakh, our group had spent 8-9 days in this remote region of Northern India. As for me, I felt a great sense of achievement as Leh/Ladakh is a no ordinary place for travelers - you need strong mental, physical & spiritual strength in preparing and undertaking this arduous trip.


Caesar ( our team leader) and Jaggi had to fly back today to New Delhi and resumed work tomorrow. As for me , I had bought a bus ticket (RS1,600=Rm144) to Manali and the cost inclusive of an overnight stay ans a dinner in a campsite in Keylong. The rest of the members ( Janna, Don, Valerious & Jukka ) had decided to stay on for 2-3 days in Leh as they were keen to visit the Nubra Valley. I had earlier bought a bus ticket (Rs109=Rm10) to join them but changed my mind.

I spent my last day in Leh wandering around some souvenir shops and bought 2 pairs of duck figurines made of brass for Rs1,180=Rm108.

A few more pictures taken on my last day in Leh:

1) Our returning journey from Pangong Tso to Leh - rugged terrains, sharp twists & turns, lush green valley in between mountain ranges


No comments:

Post a Comment