Sunday, September 16, 2007

India (McLeod Ganj, Himachai Pradesh) July 2007 D-18

Rain had fallen in McLeod Ganj for the past two days when we were there so the roads were wet and slippery. My small umbrella was put to good use. In the morning, we visited the Tse Chok Ling Monastery, and did a 2km walk to a Hindu Temple in the Bhagsu Valley. From the bus stand, we walked downhill to visit the Tse Chok Ling Gompa. The prayer hall has an old drum and a statute of a Tibetan goddess and a number of colorful picture of Tibetan temples. As we pass the dormitory, we met and chatted with a few monks who were doing their English and religious courses in the monastery








A Hindu Temple




At 11.00am, I went to a government transport office and bought a bus ticket (Rs245=Rm22) for my journey to Shimla. Departure time was 10.00pm. As the bus terminal is located in Dharamsala , about 4km from McLeod Ganj, I had to take a service jeep to get to Dharamsala. As it was raining heavily in the afternoon, I waited for an hour at the transport office and left McLeod Ganj around 5.00pm. The jeep I took was carrying 12 passengers and together with my backpack and a hand carried bag, there were hardly any room at the back of the jeep. As it was a short distance, I was able to bear with the incovenience. I arrived in Dharamsala bus station at around 6.00pm and waited for 4 hours for my bus to take me to Shimla.

" It never rains but it pours. Bring an umbrella or raincoat if you are visiting McLeod Ganj during summer time "

No comments:

Post a Comment