Friday, August 28, 2015

China (Yantai, Shandong) Aug 2015

Map of Yantai, China

Total expenses incurred (3 days): CNY355
Hostel (2 nights) : CNY70 x 2
Food: CNY86
Entrance: CNY30 (Yantai Shan)
Taxi: CNY5
Sundry: CNY10
Town bus: CNY4
Long distance bus: CNY80 (Yantai > Qingdao)


Indeed it was really an interesting experience for me to take this ferry crossing from Dalian to Yantai, the sea voyage took about 6.5 hrs. Yantai is a port on the northern coast of Shandong province.

Passengers were offered free bus pick up service from the Dalian train station to the passenger ferry terminal for embarkation. By paying a small fee of CNY10, passengers were allowed to visit the upper deck for about 45 minutes prior to the departure. The sitting lounge had a TV movie show for viewers to enjoy ! 

In Yantai, I stayed at a youth hostel, located about 100m from the Yantai Shan and 500m to the Yantai beach. So my two days in Yantai were pretty relaxed with some spare time to visit a modern shopping mall in down town Yantai, next to the train station.

On the 3rd day morning, I took an express bus from Yantai to Qingdao.

1) Ferry Crossing from Dalian to Yantai - interesting ferry ride, my 1st sea journey (Dalian, Liaoning > Yantai, Shandong) via Yellow Sea in North East China ! 

A local University student 
I befriended in Qingdao trip

2) Yantai Train Station, Shandong 


3) Yantai Shan, Shandong 


4) Walkabout in Yantai Joy City Shopping Mall & downtown Yantai, Shandong


5) Yantai waterfront & beach, Shandong


6) Coast International Youth Hostel, Dalian, Shandong

CNY70 for a dorm bed

7) My Lunch & Dinner at a Food Court in Joy Shopping Centre

My lunch  -  CNY11
My dinner - CNY19
My morning breakfast - CNY5

No comments:

Post a Comment