Friday, August 28, 2015

China (Heihe, Heilongjiang) Aug 2015


Total expenses incurred (2 days): CNY176
Hostel (1 night): CNY40
Food: CNY53
Long Distance Bus: CNY83 (Heihe > Wudalian Chi)

Both Mohe & Heihe were in my top priority list of visits. As soon as I arrived in Harbin, my first attempt was to book a sleeper train ticket to Mohe but soon realised that all the sleeper train tickets were sold out well in advance. Sensing the difficulty of visiting Mohe at this time of the year, I decided to go to Heihe first.

Heihe is a small border town close to eastern Russia. After an eight hr bus ride from Harbin and after the hostel check in, I spent the late afternoon exploring the Heihe town & river front area which were within walking distance from my hostel. After an overnight stay and on the next morning, I took a bus to my next destination, Wudalian Chi, which took about 3.5 hr to arrive.

In chatting with locals here, I understand there were lesser Russian tourists visiting Heihe in recent months probably due to a slow down of economy in Russia.

My solo visit to Heihe was a short & memorable one !

1) Countryside scenery from Harbin > Heihe, Heilongjiang


2) Heihe City, Heilongjiang - a city of northern Heilongjinag province, China, located on the Russian on the south bank of the Amur River, across the river from Blagoveshchensk. 


3) China / Russia Border, Heihe, Heilongjiang


4) Heihe River & Riverfront, Heilongjiang 


5) Heihe Train Station, Heilongjiang


6) Heihe International Bus Terminal, Heilongjiang

No comments:

Post a Comment