Friday, August 28, 2015

China (Suifenhe, Heilongjiang) Aug 2015

Map of  Suifenhe, Heilongjiang

Total Expenses Incurred (Day trip): CNY114
Long distance Bus: CNY39 x 2 (Mudanjiang > Suifenhe >Mudanjiang)
Food: CNY31
City bus: CNY5


My original plan is to travel by train from Harbin to Suifenhe for a border crossing to Vladivostok and beyond. Due to visa issue, I aborted my Russian visit last minute.

But I was keen to see Suifenhe, a town near the Russian border, so out of curiosity, I just show up ! No regret at all after spending a day in Suifenhe as there were frequent mini bus services that run from Mudanjiang bus terminal to Suifenhe bus terminal, next to the train station.

Upon arrival, I spent a bit of time walking around the area near the Suifenhe train station and took public buses to visit a few selected touristy places in down town & the closest point of the China -Russia border area. 

It was reported that the Russian currency, Ruble is allowed to be used in Suifenhe and Russians are given visa free to enter Suifenhe up to 15 days. There are regular buses & trains plying between Suifenhe & Vladivostok.

1) Suifenhe, Heilongjiang, China - took a local bus ride for my sightseeing & a visit to the China & Russia Joint Trade Center, Suifenhe. 


China, North Korea & Russia Border Post, Suifenhe, Heilongjiang. 


Suifenhe Train & Long Distance Bus Station, Heilongjiang - closest Russian city is Vladivostok, Russia


Suifenhe Town Centre, Heilongjiang

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am from Singapore , I am travelling to harbin on Dec'19, plan to go to Suifenhe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear of your forthcoming visit to Harbin & Suifenhe. I believe you are well prepared for this trip as Dec is bitterly cold in Heilongjiang area. Are you going to visit Snow Village resort as I understand this place is very scenic in Winter ? Are you keen to take a Tran-Siberian train from Vladivostok to Moscow ?

    ReplyDelete