Friday, August 28, 2015

China (Qingdao, Shandong) Aug 2015

Qingdao, Shandong

Total expenses incurred (4 days): CNY778

Hostel (3 nights): CNY90 x 3 (dorm)
Food: CNY126
Tour bus: CNY10
City bus: CNY18
Shuttle bus: CNY40
Train (high speed): CNY314 (Qingdao>Beijing)

The express bus from Yantai to Qingdao took 3.5 hr to arrive. 

As soon as I arrive in Qingdao, there were 2 things in my mind. First, I had been chasing this dream of seeing the two coastal cities in China ie Dalian & Qingdao since I started to learn to travel to China in 2006. I was really in a jubilant mood now that I had seen both these cities with my own eyes ! Qingdao been the last leg of my free & easy visit to the North East China, there was this feel good factor in me that finally, my 28 days visit to China is about to end and in a few days time, I am heading home sweet home ! 

Qingdao, being a coastal city in Eastern Shandong is very touristy, no wonder tourists like to flock over here to spend their vacations !

Xiao Wang, a final year university student in Qingdao, whom I met in a youth hostel in Changchun & Dalian offered to take me around to see some of the tourist places ie Qingado Beer Street, Lushun & Zhongshan Park, Qingdao beach etc. I was invited to his fellow university mate's apartment for a home cooked seafood dinner - what a night after a few rounds of Qingdao beer ..... a very memorable evening in this beautiful city full of warmth friendship !

The St Micahel Church & the Qingdao train station are two iconic buildings - both are old landmarks of Qingdao so if you are a first timer, just show up and admire ! Not to forget to take a stroll to Zhan Qiao (Qingdao Pier) ......

I took a special tourist bus near the train station for a day trip to Laoshan scenic area; seeing a beautiful mountain scenery, old Taoist temple & the suburb of Qingdao.

To top it all, I stayed in a youth hostel, a 100 year old courtyard building in this historic city of Qingdao !

You will go green after seeing Qingdao !

1) Qingdao Train Station, Shandong 


2) St Michael's Cathedral, Qingdao, Shandong 


3) Zhan Qiao (Qingdao Pier), Shandong

This man made Pier was built in 1892
during the Qing dynasty

4) Qingdao Beach, Shandong


5) Qingdao waterfront area, Shandong


6) Qingdao Beach by Night, Shandong


7) Walkabout in Night Market & downtown Qingdao by Night, Shandong 


8) Zhongshan Street & nearby area, Qingdao, Shandong


9) Qingdao Beer Street, Shandong  - this 100 years old 1.2km street was named a beer street in 2005 !


Bus ride from city centre to Zhongshan Park, Shandong

Qingdao TV Tower

Luxun Park


Wu Xi Square, Qingdao, Shandong


Jufeng Toursot Zone & Laoshan Scenic Area, Qingdao, Shandong


Laoshan Tai Qing Gong Temple, Qingdao, Shandong

1,100 year old tree 
Dragon Head Tree 
2,150 year old tree
1,200 year old tree 

Wheat Youth Hostel, Qingdao, Shandong

100 yr old courtyard

If you enjoy drinking & eating out in Qingdao Beer Street day & night, don't get drunk ! But if you ever get drunk, probably not with Qingdao beer, it is time to go home !

Qingdao made me drunk ! 
What drink is this ? Specially made in Qingdao ! 

Sino-Malaysia friendship day - I was invited by a local tourist (Xiao Wang, a final year university student in Qingdao) whom I met in Changchun & Dalian and his university mate for a home cooked seafood meal at a rented apartment in Qingdao - great food & great company and a few round of cheers with Qingdao beer !

Xiao Wang, thank you for the friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment