"My Golden Years - My Travel Days - The Best Moments of My Life". Welcome to KM Cheng-Travel Journal. After retirement, I have developed a passion in travelling. I hope by blogging, I could share my travel experiences with friends. My travel journal will include travel tips, information on cost of hostels & transportation, air tickets and photos of places I visited. It is my desire to visit major UNESCO world heritage sites. Enjoy reading and please feel free to leave comments.
Sunday, January 21, 2018
D-5 Muscat, Oman 2018
Day 5 - Friday 12th Jan 2018 - focusing my visit to Al Alam Palace, Mirani / Jalani forts and government offices & residences area.
1) Muttrah Corniche as viewed from a bus heading towards Al Alam Palace's direction
2) Al Alam Palace
3) The deep blue sea & scenic waterfront near Al Alam Palace & Mirani / Jalani Fort, Muscat
4) The National Museum, Muscat
5) Government buildings, French Museum, parks, mosques & residences near the Al Alam Palace / National Museum area
6) Muscat gate
7) My 2nd & 3rd night stay at Majestic Hotel, Al Wadikabir, Ruwi, Muscat - 15 Oman Rial per night (standard double room).
8) Nesto Supermarket, Al Wadikabir located 300m from the Majestic Hotel & 2km from the Ruwi bus station