Day 4 - Thursday 11th Jan 2018 - an exciting day taking an early morning bus ride (07.30) from Dubai to Muscat, going through UAE / Oman border check points at Hatta & seeing the Muttrah Souk & corniche by night. A long day indeed !
Total expenses incurred in Oman (4 days): 49.60 Oman Rial + 90dhm = Rm654 (US$162)
3) Border check points at Hatta Departure Border Cross, UAE & Oman; new exit fee of 35dhm collected by UAE Immigration office on foreigners leaving the UAE border. No Visa is required for Malaysians entering Oman at the border check point (others pay 50dhm for visa fee on arrival)
4) Luggage screening & checks by Oman Immigration office
5) Ruwi Bus station, Muscat - Bus Route No 3 (Ruwi-Mattrah) serves the tourist destinations of Muttrah Corniche, Al Alam Palace, National Museum & Port Sultan Qaboos. Upon arrival at a suburban bus stop, I took a Bus Route No 1 to Ruwi bus station and from here, I took Bus No 3 to Muttrah Corniche and loitered sometime at the Muttrah Corniche & Souk area before walking to my hotel (2km).
6) Muttra Corniche, Muscat (1st visit during the late afternoon prior to hotel check in) - deep blue sea & scenic coastline !
10) Muttrah Mosques
11) Muttrah Souk, Muscat
13) Muttrah Corniche by Night
14) Muttrah Souk by Night