|Map of Port Klang|
Port Klang is the main port in the state of Selangor and also serves as the port for Klang Valley, the most developed region which includes Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia - located about 53km from Port Klang. Port Klang & Klang are very popular for food especially seafood. Coming from Kuala Lumpur, you can take a KTM commuter train from KL Sentral to KTM Port Klang train station - the last stop. South Port Ferry Terminal is a just 1-2 minutes walk from the Port Klang train station !
Port Klang town is small and many of the pre-war buildings still exist !
1) Port Klang KTM train station
2) Port Klang Town
3) South Port Ferry Terminal, Port Klang - buy your ferry tickets from the counters - Rm15 (normal ferry) - Rm18 (Alibaba Express) for adults (return). First departure from South Port is 08.25 to Pulau Ketam and 10.15 for Sungei Lima. Last departure from Pulau Ketam is 18.30. Pay Rm5 (one way) and hop in to a speed boat plying between Sungei Lima & Pulau Ketam; normal speed boat costs Rm1 but stick to a timetable schedule so be patient if you are early at the Sungei Lima jetty ! Just sit and enjoy the sea breeze !
3) Kompleks Dato Shaari Jihin, Port Klang - ferry links to Dumai, Indonesia; the old Seaview Restaurant, popular for seafood dishes operates here.
4) Hindu Temple, Port Klang - near the Port Klang train station
5) Marine Department, Port Klang
6) Bus Terminal, Port Klang