Sunday, February 1, 2015

Thailand / Malaysia (Jan 2015)


My 10 days overland trip from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Chiang Mai, Thailand from 21-30/1/2015 by trains & long distance coaches !

The start of my KTM train ride from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai, Southern Thailand - sleeper berths all sold out so I had to slog for a night in the train !

KTM train - Rm28 (senior) 2nd Class soft seat - air-cond
A 12 hr train journey

Thai train from Hat Yai to Hua Hin (749bht sleeper) departing 16.30 arriving Hua Hin 07.00. This train ends in Bangkok. 

2nd class sleeper lower berth - 749 bht

VIP bus ride (342bht) from Mo Chit Bus Terminal (Chatuchak) to Sukhothai departing 08.00 arriving New Sukhothai bus terminal 15.30 (7.5 hr)

Wintour Bus Company - 342 bht

Double decker bus (228bht) departing New Sukhothai bus terminal 09.00 arriving Chiang Mai Arcade Bus Station 14.00 (5hr)

Single ticket - 228 bht 

Package tour Chiang Mai > Chiang Rai > Golden Triangle > Mae Sai > Chiang Mai. Tourist van - hotel pick up 07.15 and tour ended 20.30 upon arrival in hotel 

12 seater + 1 tour guide + 1 driver

Thai Sriram VIP coach (500bht) departing Chiang Mai 21.00 arriving Bangkok (Khaosan Rd) 06.30. Hotel pick up at 19.30

VIP bus ticket 500 bht

The start of my train ride (845bht) from Bangkok to Hat Yai - I slept well from 20.00 and woke up at 05.30 ...

Thai train - 845 bht, 2nd class sleeper lower berth
Just relax , sleep & sleep 

Country roads take me home. To the place I belong ...

After Hat Yai, I am closer to home !

The Start of my bus ride from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur - departing 10.15 and a 30 mins stopover in Ipoh and arriving Kuala Lumpur at 21.00 (a 10 hr bus ride)

Sri Maju double decker bus, soft seat air-cond

Sri Maju (Davis Tour) & KKKL (KKKL Tour) bus offices in Hat Yai - Chee Utit Road

KKKL or Sri Maju bus - you pick the choice

Sadao Town Centre



Sadao Immigration check point in southern Thailand


Northern Peninsula Malaysia country side

Paddy field
Banana trees
Palm oil plantation

Sri Maju Bus's HQ in Ipoh, Malaysia


A glimpse of Ipoh town as seen from the bus windows


After this short 10 day visit to Thailand, I have a great story to tell (no more horse tales) to my family members & fellow friends ... the Thai food, the Thai coffee, the cool weather in Chiang Mai in January, the mysterious Golden Triangle visit, the China Town in Bangkok by night ...

You will never get dull, hungry or thirsty in Thailand - the following would help to lift your spirits high when you are in the land of smiles ...

Wonderful time in Night Bazaar, Chiang Mai
No harm trying each session in Chiang Mai
You will love Thai food in Chiang Mai after the first lesson
But after mid-night, no coffee please - can't sleep lah !
In Chiang Mai, everything you do is miracle 
No opium but coffee/tea in Golden Triangle
Pork leg & fish maw rice in Chiang Rai - Yum yum !
Indeed, I trust the King's tailor in Hua Hin

This was one of the best moments of my travelling life in Thailand - short & sweet but with fond memory ! Sawadika , Thailand, I shall return ! 

2 comments:

  1. I love Thailand too. The people and the food are memorable, not to mention the wats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with you, Bea. I love Thailand too !

    ReplyDelete