Thursday, December 18, 2014

China (Guangzhou, Panyu, Chaozhou, Xiamen, Fuzhou, Nanjing County & Huizhou) Dec 2014


Just WALK & WALK ! Walking is fine !
Chasing my dream,
The day is bright & sunny
My China days - I yell & yell !

" In free & easy travelling, it is easy to walk & walk; talk & talk. But to realise your dreams, you have to walk the talk " 

" If you enjoy limbo rock, the tagline is how low can you go. But if you enjoy travelling, ask yourself  how far can you go " 

" Working LIFE is a marathon. Traveling LIFE is a walkathon. 

" My 12 days traveling free & easy with my wife to Southern China (Guangzhou, Panyu, Chaozhou, Xiamen, Nanjing County, Fuzhou & Huizhou) - revisiting southern China from 5-16/12/2014 during the early winter month "

Travel itnerary: Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) > Guangzhou > Panyu >Guangzhou > Chaozhou > Xiamen > Fuzhou > Xiamen > Nanjing County > Xiamen > Huizhou > Guangzhou > Kuala Lumpur

Total cost incurred (12 days): Rm1,063 + CNY1,503 = Rm1,898 (US$548)
Air Asia Ticket: Rm636.80 ( KL > Guangzou return)
Airport taxi & bus: Rm74
Hotels (11 nights-twin bed): Rm353 + CNY164 per pax
Food & groceries (12 days): CNY418
Transport: CNY720
Day tour (Nanjing Tulou): CNY168
Entrance fees: CNY33
Exchange rates: US$1=Rm3.46 (Ringgit Malaysia); Euro$1=Rm4.40; CNY$1=Rm0.556
Bus (long distance): Total CNY309
Guangzhou>Chaozhou: CNY145
Chaozhou>Xiamen: CNY100
Huizhou>Guangzhou: CNY64
High speed train: Total CNY265
Xiamen>Fuzhou> Xiamen: CNY65 + CNY65
Xiamen>Huizhou: CNY135
Ferry/metro/taxi/city bus: CNY146


Travel Highlights :


Map of  Guangdong Province, China
Map of Fujian Province, China

My wife enjoys coming to southern China during the winter months. So here I am with my wife, taking a short holiday to 7 southern cities in Guangdong & Fujian enjoying the cool weather ranging from 5-16c, slightly colder this year. 

Though I had previously visited Guangzhou, Xiamen & Chaozhou, this was my wife's first visit to Chaozhou & Xiamen and my first to Panyu, Nanjing county (Tulou), Fuzhou & Huizhou. My wife too enjoyed the high speed train rides, her first experience in China !

After this China visit, my wife is keen to visit Sichuan (Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou), Shaanxi (Xian) & Chongqing (Yangtze River cruise) during the autumn months so I am planning a visit for her in Oct 2015. I too is excited about it though I had visited these places in recent years.

How TIME has flown ! In another few day's time, we will be kissing bye bye to 2014 and I look forward to another exciting year in 2015 pursuing my own travel dreams ! LIFE is never easy for those who dream ! But dreams give us hope.

" LIFE & TIME are the world's best teachers. LIFE teaches us to make use of TIME. TIME teaches us the value of LIFE "

Wishing you all a Merry Merry Christmas & a happy New Year in 2015, a year of the goat, sheep & ram! A new year, a new beginning !!!

Ushering 2015, a year of the goat

Guangzhou, Guangdong province


Panyu, Guangdong Province


Chaozhou, Guangdong Province


Xiamen, Fujian Province


Nanjing County - Fujian Tulou


Fuzhou, Fujian Province


Huizhou, Guangdong Province


Words of wisdom on health - " Instead of inviting people for a treat to eat, why not inviting people for a treat to sweat ! Sweating helps prevent cancer " 

No comments:

Post a Comment