Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Europe (Luxembourg) April/June 2010 D4-D6

After staying for two nights in London, Luxembourg was the 2nd city I visited. However, to get to Luxembourg, I used my Eurolines pass and took a Eurolines bus from London to Brussels and then by train (2nd class - Euro$41.60 return) to Luxembourg as the Eurolines pass unfortunately did not cover this route.

I stayed for one night at Luxembourg City Hostel (Euro$19.80 dorm). I also had the opportunity to re-visit Brussels

While waiting for my evening bus departure from Brussels to Berlin. Lady luck was not with me on 1st of May ! My day pack was mysteriously stolen at the Brussels South railway station. I made a police report on this incident so as to file an insurance claim upon my return to Malaysia.
Luxembourg is a small city, so this made life easier for me to visit the major tourist sites which are within walking distance from my hostel. 

I enjoyed my stay at Luxembourg City hostel, one of the best International Youth Hostel in Europe. The room was spacious and the hostel served very generous breakfast.

Luxembourg City Hostel - a 5 star hostel !





Grilled mixed beef/pork patties and sausages - for Euro$2.50-3.00 each, you could enjoy these tasty meat burgers at the main tourist centre in Luxembourg





Expenses incurred in Luxembourg (2 days):

Hostel - Euro$19.80 dorm
Train tickets (Brussels/Luxembourg return) - Euro$41.60
Bus - Euro$4
Food - Euro$10
Total expenses: Euro$75.40

Travel Highlights:

1) Brussels, Belgium - my 2nd visit to this city, a visit to the Grand Place is a must




2) Rows of cherry trees in full bloom in the main city center of Luxembourg - perhaps I am the only alien who admire



3) Major tourist sites in Luxembourg - a city of fort









" Luxembourg, bordering Belgium, Germany & France, is one of the smallest countries in Europe. This city of fort has its beauty and a chequered past, very much under the influence of Netherlands, Germany & France - For me, visiting Luxembourg was in my travel plan so I just showed up and get to know more of this country as I travel along in Europe.




" The Secrets of Life - 10% of life is made up of what happen to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react "

No comments:

Post a Comment