Sunday, January 6, 2019

Happy New Year 2019

Happy New Year to all my readers, travel buddies & friends 

Saying adieu to 2018 and welcoming 2019, a year of Golden pig (conforming to the Chinese horoscope) which comes every 60 years. I am 68 going on to 69 comes May this year ! I hope I still have the "oomph" to travel free & easy and visit or re-visiting countries which I yearn to see & admire ! I hope 2019 will be an exciting year for all the travelers and may you all blessed with a good traveling life ! 

2018 was a great year for me in the world of travelling. Amazing to know that Google has released a set of map data relating to all the countries I had visited in 2018 ! What a surprise ! The countries I visited in 2018 were Cambodia, Thailand, India, UAE, Oman & Iran, spot on ! In my home country, Malaysia, I visited Ipoh & Kuching in East Malaysia. Thank you Google for providing me this Map Data - a wonderful motivational  "gift" to kick start the new year !  

Cheng, here's your 2018 Timeline
See the places you’ve visited in 2018. Your Timeline is created when you have turned on Location History.
Location History: ON


My visits in 2018 data from Google indicated that I had visited 42 places, 14 cities & 6 countries. Amazing ! I travelled 46,422km that's about 1 time around the world ! Good on you, KM. I hope you will keep your spirits high and walk the extra miles to see the world you like to see ! 


My furthest trip was to Esentepe, Denizli, Istanbul and 2 more cities in Turkey from Nov 1 - 11 2018 ! My last backpacking trip to Turkey was in 2008 ! How time has flown ! This secomd visit on a package tour with my wife & brother in law to Turkey again brought me fond memories especially in places like Istanbul, Cappadocia & Pamukkale ! 


My Longest Trip was to Isfahan, Shiraz, Tehran & Yazd in Iran from March 20 - April 2 2018 ! My first backpacking trip to Iran and fulfilling my dreams of seeing Persepolis & Isfahan, both are UNESCO World Heritage sites ! 


I started learning the ABC of free & easy travelling at the age of 56 immediately after my retirement in May 2006 ! 

Being ambitious and wanting to see the world especially the Seven Wonders of the World & UNESCO World Heritage sites & countries which are newbies to me, I put on my backpacks & air walking shoes and started my travelling life ….. there were ups & downs in each of this travel, going through the learning curve especially in matters relating to booking of air tickets, public transport ie buses or trains & adapting to weather changes & eating local food etc. I am now on my 13th year of travelling - doing the things I enjoy to do ! 

I like to hmm this moving song about LIFE's ups & downs, the title of this song is "Circle" :

" All my LIFE's  (travelling) a circle, but I can't tell you why. Seasons spinning round again, the years keep rolling by " 

In travelling, there is no straight line, all the roads have bends; at times no clear-cut beginnings & no dead ends ! But I have this funny feeling, birds of the same feathers (travel buddies) tend to flock together and we'll all together travelling again enjoying a cup of coffee or a glass of cool beer at a corner of an earth far away from home & our comfort zone ! 

All my travelling LIFE is like a circle, but I can't tell you why. Season spinning round again, the years keep rolling by !

Our love for travelling is like a circle, let's go round one more time " 

No comments:

Post a Comment