"My Golden Years - My Travel Days - The Best Moments of My Life". Welcome to KM Cheng-Travel Journal. After retirement, I have developed a passion in travelling. I hope by blogging, I could share my travel experiences with friends. My travel journal will include travel tips, information on cost of hostels & transportation, air tickets and photos of places I visited. It is my desire to visit major UNESCO world heritage sites. Enjoy reading and please feel free to leave comments.
Monday, April 2, 2018
D-9 Yazd, Iran 2018
Wind Catchers - Yazd
Day 9 Wednesday 28th March 2018 - spent the whole day by undertaking a walking tour to explore the historic city of Yazd ! As Yazd is located near the dessert area, it was hot & dry during the day and pretty cool in the evening ! Tourists who are keen to join a dessert tour (15.00>19.00 - Euro$25) can register with the hostel reception.
1) Alexander Prison, Yazd - admission fee 150,000 Rials; a 15th century domed building & former school, now hosting a museum & handicraft souvenir shops
2) Bogheh-e-Davazdah Emam - the oldest of the remaining construction in Yazd; built in the 11th century.
3) The Mausoleum of 12 Imans
4) Emam Khomeyni 18 Bazaar
5) Traditional bazaar & shops, Yazd
6) House of Sigari - admission 100,000 Rials
7) Heyran Traditional House in Historic City of Yazd - free admission
8) Traditional Houses in Historic City of Yazd - free admission