Sunday, October 10, 2010

China (Guilin, Guangxi)Sept 2010 D-29 & D-30

Map of Guilin, Yunnan, China

Hostel: Guilin Oasis Inn-CNY35 dorm (1 night) + Guilin Flowers International Youth Hostel-CNY20 dom (1 night)
Food & groceries: CNY60
Bus: CNY25
Total expenses incurred: CNY140

Guilin was the last city I visited in China before flying home. Due to a flight delay, I had to stay on for an additional day in Guilin so I spent two solid days wondering around Zhongshan Nanlu and Zhonglu, near the train station area. I also visited the Cedar Lake (Shan Hu), with two famous twin pagodas. In 2004, my wife and myself were in Guilin and we spent 7 days in Guanxi on a package tour and visited Li River, Yangshuo, Guilin etc.

Guilin - Guanxi


" Finally my 30 day visit in China has come to an end. Another milestone in my world of travelling ! When I was walking across a bridge towards the Guilin airport shuttle bus station from my hostel, I spotted a fisherman on a bamboo raft trying to catch fish. So I begin to wonder, what's next ? Any more country in my priority list of visit ? Like a fisherman, maybe I should cast the fishing net a bit wider as the world has over 800 UNESCO sites for travelers to visit and fulfil their wonderful dreams !


The Secret of Life: Envy is a waste of time. You already have all your need

No comments:

Post a Comment