Sunday, July 18, 2021

Malaysia (Pre Covid 19 - Reminisce My Good Old Days - The 10 Best Places to Visit in Switzerland & I) - July 2021

 

" Switzerland is a mountainous Central European country, home to numerous lakes, villages & the high peaks of the Alps. Its cities contain medieval quarters with landmarks like capital Bern's Zytglogge clock tower & Lucerne's wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts & hiking trails. Banking & finance are key industries & Swiss watches & chocolates are world renowned " 

Top of the World, highest quality of life, Alpine adventure, tourism & skiing, UN, WHO, ILO, Red Cross, Winter Olympic Games St Moritz (1928 & 1948), Tour du Mont Blanc (4807m), Swiss watches & chocolates, Matterhorn (4478m, Alps' most famous peak), Schilthorn (2970m, 360 degree panorama), Jungfraujoch (3471m, Europe highest train station), Swiss National Park, oldtown & village charm, cobbled streets, Fine Arts museums, Gruyeres cheese, Bern is the place where Albert Einstein developed the Theory of Relativity in 1905 & the manufacturing place for Toblerone Chocolates .... a dreamy paradise & a Swiss holiday awaits you ! 

In May 2012, I made my 4th free & easy visit to the Europe continent & this time I had the company of my wife, brother in law + wife, together our group visited Paris, London, Edinburgh, Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken & Zurich) & Leitchstein. On completion of this "over the moon" 14 day trip in Europe, I extended my stay & went on to visit Spain (Madrid, Toledo, Seville, Granada, Cordoba & Algeciras), Portugal (Lisbon & Sintra), Gibraltar & Morocco (Fez). 

The 10 Best Places to Visit in Switzerland as highlighted in touropia's travel videos are (a credit score for me - my 1st time visit to Switzerland gave me the opportunity to visit 7 of the Best Places in Switzerland, a great start & outcome): 

  1. Bern
  2. Lucerne
  3. Lake Geneva
  4. Lugano (yet to visit)
  5. Jungfrau Region (yet to visit)
  6. Zermatt (yet to visit)
  7. Zurich
  8. Geneva
  9. Lausanne
  10. Interlaken 
Sometimes I wish I could just rewind back to the Old Days
& press pause .... just a little while

" Swiss & Sweet Memories " - behind every travel, looking back at some of the old photos I had taken in my only trip to Switzerland (May 2012) thus far gave me a mountain of memories ! 

1) Bern, Switzerland (visited in May 2012)


2) Lucerne, Switzerland (May 2012)


3) Lake Geneva, Switzerland (May 2012)


4) Zurich, Switzerland (May 2012)


5) Geneva, Switzerland


6) Lausanne, Switzerland (May 2012)


7) Interlaken, Switzerland (May 2012)


Switzerland is a beautiful country & for a traveller who had done a round the country visit & experienced the Best of Switzerland, you are on top of the world - I have keep in view (KIV) the following 3 Best Places to Visit in Switzerland if I ever show up in Switzerland one fine day (focusing my visits to Swiss villages & a close-up to snowy peaks of Swiss Alps)  ! 

8) Lugano, Switzerland (yet to visit) 


9) Jungfrau Region, Switzerland (yet to visit)


10) Zermatt, Switzerland (yet to visit) 

1 comment: