Saturday, August 31, 2019

Makan Makan (Eating) in Klang Valley & Kuala Lumpur - August 2019


Mederka Day - Eating out (evening dinner) with my family members in Naughty Nuri's Restaurant, SS15 Courtyard, Subang Jaya (my home place) in conjunction with the National Day (Merdeka Day) celebration to mark the 62nd year of anniversary ! (Saturday 31 Aug 2019) - food + drink for 4 (2 Bali-style fried noodles + 2 grilled pork ribs + 1 roasted pork salads + a jar of lemon grass drink + service tax = Rm217 (US$52) 


1) A taste of local durians in a USJ14 roadside stall  - bought 2 packs of yellow creamy flesh durians (forgotten the variety name) Rm25 per pack on offer - taste great ! A weekend treat for my wife after a chicken rice dinner at a nearby stall. 5 kilos of quality local durians promoting for RM100 & others offering Rm18 per kilo !  


2) My favorite Chinese restaurant in Taman Selatan, Klang - Restoran Soon Tong. My regular meeting place (Monday) with my Klang travel buddies - their Tai Chow dishes are reasonably priced, stir fried vegetables, minced pork Tofu, hot plate oyster egg, black sauce Hokkien mee, Cantonese style kwai teow & mi hoon mixed,  salted egg chicken, steamed ginger red fish, steamed boat .... RM60 - Rm80 for a simple lunch comprising of stir fried vegetables, noodles, chicken for a table of 4-5 people ! 



3) A get together dinner with my Klang buddies, Wong & his brother, Boon at Restaurant Goldview Hakka Food, Paramount Garden, Petaling Jaya - Rm65 for 4 dishes ordered from their Hakka Food menu. 


4) My favorite char siew (roasted pork) rice at  Restoran Meng Kee Char Siew, Hicom Glenmarie Park, Shah Alam - the best quality Char Siew won ton noodle or rice in town - the stall is always packed with lunch time crowd so be patience if you are eating in this eatery outlet ! Rm5.50 for a takeaway pack of barbecued pork (char siew) rice 


5) Morning breakfast with my Qigong buddies in Melor Restaurant, USJ, Subang Jaya - my favorite Indian thosai Rm2.20. 


6) Invited by my wife's elder sister to attend her grand children's birthday party buffet lunch at AMPM Cafe, USJ 21 - chat time with my wife's relatives & family members 


7) My favorite Dim Sum in Pin Chang restaurant in Batu 9, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur - lunch with my brothers & sisters - a selection of an assorted freshly prepared delicious dim sum - Rm120 for a table of 6 ! 


8) My favorite Pan Mee pork noodle (Rm7) in a coffee shop style eatery stall in Subang Jaya (near the Lik Hung Primary Chinese school 

RM7 per bowl 

9) Lunch with my wife in Shaanxi Noodle Stall in Puchong Puteri - Rm21.60 for 1 bowl of minced pork/tomatoes/egg spinach noodle & 1 hot clay pot Shaanxi style white flat noodle soup (Friday 9 Aug 2019)

Claypot white flat noodle - Rm10.80
Spinach Noodle - RM9.80

10) Saturday (10 Aug 2019) dinner with my wife & younger son & friend at Restoran Margaret Yong Tau Fu, USJ 14 - RM99 for a hot clay pot of assorted tau fu, Assam fish, fried tau fu & pumpkin barley drink !

Pumpkin Barley drink - Rm2 
Hot Pot Tau Fu - Rm37 
Tau fu - Rm2 per piece 
Assam Fish - Rm40

11) Thanks god is Monday (12 Aug 2019) - my Klang travel buddies off day today ! A get together steamboat & Hokkien mee lunch (Rm56) for our group of 4 in Restoran Soon Tong, Klang, our favorite meeting place. My buddies are keen to do a day trip to Fraser Hill, a mountain village in Pahang in the coming weeks so I look forward to joining them as my last visit to this place was more than 30 years ago ! How time flies ! 


12) Another Monday (26 Aug 2019) get together lunch with my travel buddies in Restaurant Soo Tong, Klang. 3 noodle dishes & 1 stir fried vegetables costs Rm45 (US$10.76) for a table of 4 ! My favorite food is Hokkien mee ! 


13) Attended an in-house Travel Fair organized by Airlink Travel & Tour Sdn Bhd, Bandar Puteri, Puchong Tel 03-80601199. Both my wife & myself had signed up a 8 day package tour to Kunming/Dali/Lijiang, China - departure date is 3rd Nov 2019 (Sunday 25 Aug 2019)



14) Attended a seminar & buffet lunch organized by Public Bank / Public Mutual on Travel & Personal Safety at One World Hotel, 1 Utama, Bandar Utama City Centre (Saturday 24 Aug 2019)




14) Lunch with my wife in Restoran Chan Meng Kee, Da Men Shopping Mall, USJ; ordered a plate of  barbecued char siew noodle & a bowl of braised beef brisket with rice - total Rm29 (US$6.90) inclusive of service tax


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheng Thank you for sharing nice food , beautiful photos & very informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharondz for your kind comments. Now in India for a 32 days free n easy trip with my travel buddy from Singapore

    ReplyDelete