Saturday, September 22, 2018

Malaysia (Makan Makan - Eating, A Taste of Malaysa) Sept 2018

My cousin sister's daughter wedding dinner at Pullman Hotel, Jalan Conlay, Kuala Lumpur - hot & cold combinations
Wedding dinner - Braised Conpoy soup with chicken, prawn & crab meat 

1) Makan Makan (Eating) at a mamak (Indian Muslim) eatery stall in USJ (Sri Melor) with my travel buddy, KC Leong to discuss on transport issues for our forthcoming free & easy visit to northern India in Nov/Dec 2018 (Tuesday 18th Sept) 

My favorite Indian breakfast - Tosai 

2) Weekend dinner (Saturday 22nd Sept 2018) with my family members at a Chinese restaurant (Ong Lai) in DaMen Shopping Mall, USJ 1 Subang Jaya (Rm48 inclusive of service tax for 4 persons)

Honey roasted char siew & shrimp fried rice - Rm11
Char siew wanton egg noodle - Rm11
Hainanese pork chop rice - Rm11
Ginseng black chicken soup (Rm8) + rice (Rm2)

3) After the dinner, my younger son took my wife & myself to try the tong sui (hot sweet dessert drink) at Kafe Tong Sui Kitchen,  SS15 Subang Jaya near my home place 

Red bean & sweet potatoes dessert - Rm3.50 per bowl 

4) Attended my cousin sister's daughter wedding together with my wife, brother & sisters at Grand Ballroom, Pullman KLCC Hotel, Jalan Conlay, Kuala Lumpur - a 9 course wedding dinner (Sunday 23rd Sept 2018 - 07.00 > 22.30); reunion & chat time with my cousin brothers & sisters etc


Roasted chicken with crispy crackers
Steamed red snapper with mushrooms & red dates 
Stir fried tiger prawns with butter & spiced oat flakes
Braised crab meat & egg white with seasonal vegetables
Fried rice with assorted meat wrapped in lotus leaves 
Crispy Chinese pancake with louts paste & Double boiled snow fungus sweet soup






5) Lunch with my travel buddies (Chim, Wong, Tee & Boon) at Ah Tong Restaurant, Klang (Monday 24th Sept 2018) - 3 stir fried noodles (hokkien mi, mi hoon & funsi) + 1 vegetables = Rm56 for 5 people


6) Mid-Autumn (Mooncake) Festival potluck dinner at USJ4 organized by our Qigong group in Subang Jaya (Thursday 27th Sept 2018)


7) Accompanied KC to Klang to buy his favorite local coffee powder from Chuan Hoe & Co, a coffee powder factory in Kampong Jawa - Friday 28th Sept 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment