Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thailand (Bangkok) Jan 2011 D-3 & D-9

Sleeper train (2nd class): Bangkok>Nong Khai= B688
Food: B230
MRT & Sky train: B80
Sundries: B160
Total expenses incurred: B1,158 (Rm122)



For this trip , I did not put up any overnight stay in Bangkok as I had been to most of the touristy places within Bangkok in my previous visits. In between time before the train departures, I had two half hours in Bangkok. To kill time, I left my luggage bag for a temporary storage (B50)at the Hua Lamphong train station and took MRT and Sky train rides to some nearby places & shopping malls - merely for food and window shopping - most smart travelers do this anyway !

1) Food glorious food - Fish maw soup (B60), Mango sticky rice (B80), coconut grilled chicken or pork (B15 per stick), stewed duck meat rice (B60); Siam Paragon Ocean World Food Court VS Chatuchak hawker food stalls - all the food I tasted were Yummy Yummy !!!














2) Lumphini Park & King Rama VI Statute


3) The opening of a new Madam Tussauds at Siam Discovery, Bangkok - one free shot for me for Madam's free publicity


4) Siam Center, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, MBK - popular shopping havens for locals & tourists



5) Hua Lamphong Railway Station, Bangkok - built by Dutch architects & engineers just before World War 1



6) Chatuchak Weekened Market - only open on weekend; hundreds of stalls selling all sort of merchandise & food; if you enjoy shopping, this is the place


I spotted a signboard in downtown Bangkok with a warm greeting message: Bangkok Smiles, Happy New Year 2011. What about Kuala Lumpur ? Still snoring or in deep slumber !"


" 10% of life is made up of what happen to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react "

No comments:

Post a Comment