Saturday, October 17, 2009

China (Guilin, Guangxi) Sept/Oct 2009 D1-D2

Map of Guilin, Guangxi, China

Instead of landing in Tianjin, Guilin had become my first city of call due to my oversight in the mixed up of the flight departure time from KL to Tianjin on Monday 7 Sept 09. This mistake had cost me another Rm400 for the purchase of a one way ticket from KL to Guilin last minute - probably the cheapest alternative I could pick as I was determined to go ahead with my travel plan ! A one way last minute air ticket from KL to Tianjin costs Rm700 ! So I had to restructure my travel plan starting from the southern provinces instead of the north ! I had to advise all the hostels I had earlier booked of this change.


On arrival in Guilin at around 10.40, I took an airport shuttle bus (CNY20) to the city. I stayed a night at the Flowers International Youth hostels (CNY35 dorm), opposite the Guilin train station. I spent the rest of my day lazing in the cosy guest lounge of the hostel and walking around the train station area where I stayed - so nothing exciting but faced a number of hustling from locals whom I tried to avoid at all times on the streets. I paid CNY201 for a hard sleeper train ticket from Guilin to Chengdu, my next destination.


A small upset for this China trip but if you are quick to fix things up, you will be on the right track again.

The Secrets of Life - Always maintain a peaceful & cheerful state of mind "

No comments:

Post a Comment