Saturday, October 17, 2009

China (Tianjin), Oct 2009 D-28 & D-29

Finally, my trip to China is about to end !

At 11.01, I took a normal train (CNY11) from Beijing railway station to Tianjin. The journey took about 2.30 hrs compared with the high speed magnetic train which takes around 25 mins. On arrival in Tianjin railway station, I took a bus to my hostel, Tianjin City Youth Hostel (CNY50 dorm) .

I spent the entire afternoon visiting a few tourist sites in Tianjin ie Ancient Culture Street, Drum Tower, The Liberation bridge ( some colonial style buildings built during the 2nd Opium War in 1861) & South Gate gourmet street and also to saviour some of the local food.
I departed Tianjin on 8 Oct at 10.00 and arrived in Kuala Lumpur around 16.30. A bad start for this China trip but all ended up well with over 3,200 pictures taken ! My next trip is Europe come April 2010 !


" Oct 8 2009 was my last day in China. Thus my 2nd free & easy trip to China over a period of 29 days is about to end ! China has 34 UNESCO heritage sites and I had so far visited 18 of them since my first visit to China in Sept 1997 ! This trip alone I visited 11. China's 60 anniversary celebration in Tiananmen Square was a national pride and a proud achievement. Bye bye China ! For sure I shall return and I look forward to seeing the rest of the civilized and natural wonders of the world in 2010.

The Secret of Life - A wonderful life will always find wonderful reasons. A wonderful trip will always find wonderful outcomes !"

No comments:

Post a Comment