Saturday, January 2, 2021

Malaysia (Covid-19 & Eating) Nov & Dec 2020

 


" You are what you eat. Good food is good mood. Enjoy your meal " 

Despite the Covid-19 pandemic & travel restrictions, my family & I from time to time during the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) period have the opportunities to eat out or tao bao (takeaways) our breakfast or lunch from nearby shopping malls ie Subang Parade & Empire Shopping Gallery, neighbourhood food stalls or restaurants. 

My Makan Makan (Eating) during the month of November & December 2020 near my home place, Klang Valley & outdoor visits; mainly simple hawker style food & economy or mixed rice !  

My favourite lunch ie Pan Mee soup (Rm7.00 big) from a kopitiam noodle stall in SS19, Subang Jaya 

My favourite weekend breakfast (takeaways) - assorted yau tau foo & chee chiong fun with curry & black sauce (Rm1 per piece) from a food stall in SS15 Subang Jaya wet market


My favourite takeaway lunch taken at home ie economy or mixed rice comprising of vegetables, fried egg, pork or chicken (Rm5 - Rm6 = US$1.50) 

Tuesday November 24 2020 - lunch with my wife (after a grocery / Chinese herbs shopping) in a local residential house cum eatery stall in PJ Oldtown - 6 pieces of home-made assorted yau tau foo (Rm1.80 each) + 2 pieces of dumpling (Rm1.80 each) + 1 barley drink (Rm1.50) + mi hoon = Rm22 (US$5.60)

Wednesday Dec 09 2020 - after doing a trimming / cutting of branches from an old tree in front of my house "exercise", my brother Weng & myself adjoined for a chicken rice set meal + extra rice (Rm22) as lunch in The Chicken Rice shop, Subang Parade, Subang Jaya (a walking distance from my house) ! 


Sunday Dec 13 2020 - lunch with my brother Weng in a Coffee shop in SS19, Subang Jaya ie a bowl of Taiwan beef mi hoon soup (Rm10)

Tuesday Dec 15 2020 - lunch with my China package tour member (Nov 2019 tour group), Thompson Tham in a Food Court in ICC Pudu ie a bowl of Imbi Road Sam Kan Chong pork mi hoon soup (Rm7) + Hainanese coffee (Rm2)

Wednesday Dec 16 2020 - lunch with my brother Weng in a Kopitiam in SS19, Subang Jaya ie roasted pork rice (Rm6.50)

Thursday Dec 17 2020 - breakfast with my bother in law, William Boey in Sri Melor Restaurant, USJ 17, Subang Jaya ie curry chicken, roti canai & thosai paper + 2 coffee (Rm17)

Saturday Dec 19 2020 - takeaway breakfast for my family members from Fei Lou Sam Wantan Mee in SS14, Subang Jaya ie char siew wan tan noodle (Rm7.50 big)

Monday Dec 21 2020 - lunch with brother & sisters in an old Kopitiam (Coffee shop) in Titigong, Negri Sembilan ie a bowl of dried Hakka noodle in black sauce  + wan tan soup (Rm5.50)

Tuesday Dec 22 2020 - breakfast (roti canai + coffee) with my ex-travel buddy, Choy of USJ 11, Subang Jaya in an Indian restaurant

Tuesday Dec 22 2020 -  lunch with my wife in a Kopitiam (Coffee shop) in PJ Oldtown, Petaling Jaya ie a bowl of bitter gourd pork noodles (Rm7.50 big) + a bowl of pig maw pepper soup & rice (Rm9)

Wednesday Dec 23 2020 - my breakfast at home ie Titigong home made char siew pao (Rm2) each 

Friday Dec 25 2020 - my morning breakfast ie an oven baked meat pie, a treat from my sister in law from USJ 9, Subang Jaya 

Saturday Dec 27 2020 - my younger son special occasion, Wen Bin's wedding lunch in Jaya Palace Restaurant, Jalan 51A/223, Petaling Jaya, Selangor; congratulations & best wishes to the newly wed, Wen Bin & Xue Hui ! Due to travel restrictions & Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), this wedding function was postponed twice; a customised delicious wedding menu for this wedding reception lunch for our invited guests - mainly family members & close relatives from the bride & bridegroom side ! A noble mission accomplished by the bridegroom & bride families during this difficult period ! 

Palace Special Lobster Platter 
Palace Special Roasted Suckling Pig 
Double Boiled Shark Fin Soup With Chicken, Cabbage & Ham
Steamed Pomfret Fish  
Baked Prawn With Barbecue Sauce
Seasonal Vegetable With Red Cherry Shrimp & Crab Meat 
Hainanese Chicken Rice
Special Fancy Pastries 
Sweetened Red Bean Paste & Mandarin Skin 

Wednesday Dec 30 2020 - lunch with my wife in a Kopitiam in SS19 ie a bowl of Penang special pork noodle soup (Rm7) & a bowl of bitter gourd & fish paste mi hoon soup (Rm6.50)


Thursday Dec 31 2020 (New Year Eve) - lunch with my wife & brother Weng in Restoran Xin Chin San, SS14, Subang Jaya ie 1 plate of Hokkien Mi (Rm10 single portion) + 1 plate of braised pork mi hoon (Rm28 double portion)


Friday January 1 2021 - celebrating my mother in law's 88th birthday in USJ 11 Subang Jaya residence, attended by family members 

No comments:

Post a Comment