Thursday, November 12, 2020

Malaysia (Covid-19 & My Staycation No 17 - Good Morning Subang Jaya, My Home Place) Nov 12 2020

 

Little Bally Cafe, SS15, Subang Jaya 
Inti International College Subang, SS15, Subang Jaya
First Subang Mall, SS15, Subang Jaya

" The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave and it feels even better to come back "

" My Staycation & Jalan Jalan (Early Morning Walkabout) from SS17 to SS15 & nearby neighbourhood, Subang Jaya (my home place) on Thursday Nov 12 2020 (07.00 > 08.15); my 17th outdoor visit after the lifting of Movement Control Order (MCO) by the Malaysian Government on June 10 2020 but my home state, Selangor was placed under Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) from Oct 14 to Nov 9 & a further extension to Dec 6 2020 due to a spike in Covid-19 cases in major states of Malaysia in recent weeks " 

Good Morning, Subang Jaya ! Today is Thursday Nov 12 2020. A New Day ! At 05.45, the azan (God Prayer) from a nearby mosque woke me up. The azan acts as a natural alarm clock for me but I got used to it after dwelling in my home place, SS17, Subang Jaya (a middle income suburb) for just slightly over 40 years ! How time has flown ! 

At this early morning hour, the air is fresh & cool ! November is the start of the North-East monsoon so expect more rain & wet days ahead until January 2021 ! 

The CMCO has banned inter-state travel & imposed movement restrictions for outdoor activities & eating out. So no family members gathering & group chatting with friends like most senior citizens enjoy doing for the time being ! A real morning walk near your home place can lift your spirit & brighten up your day ! 

After a short self practice in Qiqong in my bed room, I decided to start the day doing something different this morning. Instead of doing the usual 30 minutes morning walk in a garden nearby since retirement in 2006, I decided to do a Jalan Jalan (Walkabout) around the neighbourhood ie SS15, Subang Jaya area with a small assignment ie taking pictures of the surrounding where I have lived for the last 4 decades & post them in my travel blog ! 

What a wonderful morning indeed and after an hour of morning stroll in SS15, I got to know this beloved home place of mine much better ! So much has changed since the day one I started a new family life in this modern township which was upgraded to a city status in recent weeks ! A sign of progress ! Well done, Subang Jaya ! 

Travel itinerary (morning stroll): SS17 > SS15 > SS17 (my home place), Subang Jaya (approx 2km of Jalan Jalan (Walkabout) in my neighbourhood area


My Jalan Jalan (1 hour Walkabout) during the early morning hours in SS15 & neighbourhood area


1) Wisma Consplant, Jalan Kemajuan Subang, SS16, Subang Jaya - a pioneer commercial building built in the heart of Subang Jaya, opposite my home place 


2) Empire Hotel, SS16/1E, Subang Jaya - the nearest 3 star hotel in my home place


3) Subang Parade Shopping Center, Jalan Kemajuan, SS16, Subang Jaya - my favourite window shopping during the weekends & buying DIY items !


4) Aeon Big Subang Jaya, Jalan Kemajuan, SS16, Subang Jaya - my preferred place for supermarket shopping & buying DIY items, free 1st hour parking ! 


5) Masjid Darul Eshan Subang Jaya, SS15 - the azan in this mosque wakes me up every morning at around 05.45, rain or shine ! 


6) First Subang Mall, SS15 Courtyard, Subang Jaya - occasionally, my family members like to come here for a get together dinner, either for western or oriental food 



7) McDonald's Drive Thru, SS15, Subang Jaya


8) Rapid KL LRT Line, SS15 Subang Jaya Link 


9) Neighbourhood garden in SS17, Subang Jaya - where I do my regular morning walk (approx 30 minutes) & chatting with neighbourhood friends


10) SS15 Rapid KL LRT station, Subang Jaya - 300m walk from my home place, most of my Rapid KL LRT train rides to Kuala Lumpur begins from here ... costs around Rm2.10 - Rm3.00 = US$0.50 - US$0.70 (Senior 50% rebate) for a LRT ride to KL Sentral, Pasar Seni, KLCC & Bukit Bintang - cheap & convenient ! 


11) SJ Uptown, SS15 Subang Jaya - lined with eateries & shops serving your needs 


12) Fast Food, Cafes, Eateries & Restaurants (Western Oriental & Home Grown) in SS15, Subang Jaya - plenty of different varieties of food to satisfy your taste buds ! A number of these cafes & restaurants serving delicious meals & beverages have become the favourite haunt for international students & local residents ! 


13) Pasar Moden, SS15, Subang Jaya (Wet Market) - where my wife & myself do our wet market shopping (ie pork, fresh fruit & vegetables, fish, groceries, morning breakfast etc) during the weekends ! A bit crowded especially during the weekends ! 


14) Mobile Food Cart, SS15 Subang Jaya 


15) Boba (Bubble Tea) Street, SS15, Subang Jaya - due to Covid-19 pandemic & government's Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), many of the bubble tea shops had shut down for business; hope these bubble tea shops (photos below) survive this round of Covid-19 crisis ! 


16) Little Bally Cafe, SS15, Subang Jaya 


17) Pontian Wantan Noodles / Laksa, SS15, Subang Jaya - Pontian is a small coastal town in Southern Johor where I was born; their signature dried wanton noodles (original Pontian-recipe) are served with chilli & tomato sauce (instead of dark caramel flavoured sauce) & char siew,  quite distinctive in taste ! Must try !


18) Eateries & restaurants in SS15, Subang Jaya using catchy / funny shop name ie Pork Pork Chui by Boon signature roast pork, Taste of E-One Mee Tarik Cina Muslim, Cow Cow Yogurt, Chinese Tofu Magician ! 

 

20) Mural & Street Art, SS15, Subang Jaya 


21) Inti International College Subang, SS15, Subang Jaya - thousands of international students are undertaking their undergraduate studies in international college & universities ie Inti, Metropolitan etc in SS15, Subang Jaya


22) International Students Recruitment Agencies operating in SS15, Subang Jaya 

 
23) My Place Apartment, SS15, Subang Jaya 


24) Starbuck Coffee, SS15, Subang Jaya 


25) Subang Square Business Center, SS15, Subang Jaya


26) Bistro Nasi Kandar, SS15, Subang Jaya


27) KFC, SS15, Subang Jaya


28) Subway Sandwiches & Salads, SS15, Subang Jaya


29) Lim Mestra Trading, SS 15, Subang Jaya - opposite the SS15 Wet Market, my wife's favourite's grocery store 


29) KK minimarket, SS15, Subang Jaya - opposite the SS15 Wet Market, once or twice a week, I walk from home place to buy my white & wholemeal bread loaves here


30) Kopitiam (Coffee shops) in SS15, Subang Jaya - a favourite choice for local residents & international students to enjoy a decent meal during the morning, lunch & evening dinner hours ! 


31) Asia University & ALFA College, SS15, Subang Jaya


32) Japanese restaurants in SS15, Subang Jaya


33) Residential houses (condominiums, apartments, single & double storey link houses) in SS15 & nearby area


My morning breakfast - eggs in bread + coffee + newspapers reading ! Good day, Subang Jaya ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment