Sunday, November 1, 2020

Malaysia (Covid-19 & My Staycation No 14 - Subang Jaya & USJ, Selangor) Nov 1 2020

 

Subang Ria Recreational Park, Taman Subang Ria, Petaling Jaya

USJ 1 Regalia Street Art Lane, Taman Subang Mewah, Subang Jaya
Subang Parade, Jalan Kemajuan, SS16, Subang Jaya

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one " 

" My Staycation & Jalan Jalan (Walkabout) solo, free & easy day trip (Sunday Nov 1 2020) in Subang Jaya & USJ 1 Subang Mewah (near my home place), travelling by own vehicle; my 14 outdoor trip after the lifting of the Movement Control Order (MCO) by the Malaysian Government on June 10 2020, but due to a spike in number of new cases of Covid-19 infections, Selangor state has been placed under Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) from Oct 14 > Nov 9 2020 with more stringent movement restrictions & stricter rules on eating out; my 1st visit to USJ 1 Regalia Street Art lane " 

Covid 19 - Current situation on new cases & total number of cases in my home state, Selangor (CMCO period Oct 26 > Nov 2 2020); prior to the CMCO (Oct 14 2020), total cases in Selangor state was relatively low ie daily cases mostly below 100 ! 

2020       New Cases   Selangor
Oct 26     1,240              177
Oct 27        835              126
Oct 28        801                89 
Oct 29        649              135 
Oct 30        799              150  
Oct 31        659              249
Nov 1         957               225
Nov 2         834               129 

Travel itinerary: SS17, Subang Jaya (my home place) > USJ 1 Regalia Street Art > Subang Ria Recreational Park > SS17, Subang Jaya (approx 16km)

Expenses incurred (petrol): Rm5 (US$1.20)


Travel Highlights 

1) USJ 1 Regalia Street Art Lane, Subang Mewah, Subang Jaya, Selangor - the street mural painting was undertaken by Inti College students (Centre of Art & Design), Subang Jaya in Sept 2018. Well done ! 


2) Subang Ria Recreational Park, Taman Subang Ria, Petaling Jaya, Selangor - closed to public due to CMCO but I managed to drive in to a section of the Park to admire this scenic green space with trees, 3 lakes plus pathways for walking & running ! 


3) Subang Parade, Empire Hotel, Wisma Consplant & nearby business, commercial & residential area in SS 15 & 16, Subang Jaya, Selangor 


4) Subang Parade Shopping Mall, SS16, Subang Jaya, Selangor - a 5 minutes walk from my home place, the mall was quiet & lack the shopping crowd due to the CMCO; in 2 weeks time, the Indian populace will be celebrating Deepavali, the Festival of Lights (Saturday Nov 14 2020), let's hope the CMCO will be lifted by then !  


5) Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this year Deepavali (Festival of Lights, mainly celebrated by the Hindus populace) which falls on Saturday Nov 14 2020 will probably be a subdued one ! Nevertheless, I like to take this opportunity to wish the Hindus populace in my home country and overseas a Happy Deepavali & not to dim the "Lights" but hold the spirit high during this difficult period ! 


6) After slightly 2 hours of Jalan Jalan (Walkabout) in Subang Jaya & USJ 1 Subang Mewah, I headed home & had a simple home cooked lunch (mi hoon & kway teow soup with minced pork & green vegetable) with my family members ! Another short & sweet visit for me to pass my time in this Sunday weekend ! 

2 comments:

  1. very nice article. I really appreciate about your information. I regularly read every article on your site. because every topic is full fill with a lot of knowledge. thank you sir.

    Wellness Retreats in Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your interest in reading my blog. Hope my passion in travelling will be able to contribute more interesting travel stories for my readers !

    ReplyDelete