Thursday, March 26, 2020

Malaysia (My Pre-Covid-19 Good Old Days in USA & Canada) March 2020


" Sometimes you will never know the value of a Moment until it becomes a Memory "

1) New York New York ! - If I can make it there, I will make it anywhere ! I had a first cut travel plan to USA / Canada prepared few years ago but keep procrastinating to do this leg of travel, wary of the costs & jet lag due to old age (now aged 69) ! But in May 2019, together with two of my travel buddies from my home country, I was able to accomplish this travel dream of seeing New York New York ! When I first started my first backpacking trip from Xian > Xinjiang, China (Turpan, Dun Huang, Urumqi & Kanas Lake) in May 2006, my passion in traveling in the ensuing years grew stronger & stronger - I am now in my 14 years of travelling (intermittent, season to season) doing the things I enjoy to do in the world of traveling ! 


I considered myself lucky that I had done the East Coast of USA / Canada free & easy travel (30 days relying on mainly public transport ie buses) in May 2019 at the age of 69 as it would appear that at this juncture of the conronavirus outbreak happening in USA & Canada, it could be extremely difficult to do one in 2020 or in the near future after this bitter episode is over ! As age is catching up, I am not sure whether I could repeat my feat to do a West Coast of USA/Canada travel in the years ahead ! But I will keep my fingers crossed ! 

USA is now facing a tremendous stress in dealing & containing the current conronavirus outbreak; it is scary to hear about the latest media reporting on the generally lack of personal protection equipment (PPE) in the health care sector, state hospitals under siege, ventilators in dire need, over 1 million cases of testing, rising death toll (3,000+), nearly 80% of Americans are now under the stay at home order, the next 2 weeks will be crucial ! Hope things could get better in the weeks ahead ! 


On May 15 & 16 2019, together with my travel buddies, I woke up early & our group took a Metro from Brooklyn (where our hostel stay) & show up in Manhattan & Wall Street, New York - a city that doesn't sleep ! New York New York, I want to be part of it ! 


After the New York visit, our group continued the journey & visited Philadelphia, Washington, Buffalo & Niagara Falls ! 

Chinatown, Philadelphia, USA (2019)
Washington, USA (2019)

Buffalo, USA (2019)
Niagara Falls, USA (2019)

Border crossing from Niagara Falls to Canada side & continued our visits to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal & Quebec. 

Niagara Falls, Canada
Toronto, Canada (2019)
Ottawa, Canada (2019) 
Montreal, Canada (2019)
Quebec, Canada (2019)

After the Canadian visit, our group returned to USA via Montreal & visited Boston.

Boston, USA (2019) 

From Boston, our group returned to New York New York one more time ! Thus ending our 30 days free & easy visit to the East Coast of USA & Canada ! A wonderful outcome ! During our final day & evening in New York, our group took the opportunity to visit Brooklyn Bridge, Hi-Line & The Vessels at Hudson Yard - all are popular tourist attractions in New York New York !!!

Evening stroll over Brooklyn Bridge
New York, USA (2019)
The Vessels at Hudson Yard
New York, USA (2019) 
Hi-Line, New York, USA (2019)
The Empire State Building
New York, USA (2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment