Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Malaysia (Makan Makan / Eating in Kuala Lumpur & Klang Valley) Feb/March 2020


1) Makan Makan (Eating) with my youngest brother Hong (from Singapore) at Ah Cheng (my surname) Laksa in Subang Parade, Subang Jaya, Selangor (Friday Feb 14 2020) - my brother recommended me to try the Asam Laksa & after seeing their ad saying " Must try this Malaysia's No 1 Asam Laksa - we serve more than 2 million bowls a year ", both of us ordered a junior bowl Rm6.85 (US$1.63) & I had my first taste of Ah Cheng Laksa as my late afternoon light meal of the day ! 


2) My takeaway lunch - chicken rice Rm7 (US$1.67) from a food stall in SS15 in Subang Jaya, Selangor - chicken rice is locals most favorite lunch or dinner, an economical meal ! (Wednesday Feb 5 2020) 


3) Lunch with my wife at a coffee shop restaurant in SS19, Subang Jaya, Selangor - 2 bowls of Fish fillet mi-hoon soup (Rm7 x 2) + a plate of Fried Kway Teow (Rm6.50) = Rm20.50 (US$4.88) - Thursday Feb 20 2020 


4) Dinner with my wife at Restoran Meisek, USJ14, Subang Jaya, Selangor - 1 bowl (large) of Ho Fun shredded chicken / won ton soup Rm8.50) & a plate of chicken rice (Rm7.00); total Rm15.50 (US$3.70) - Saturday Feb 22 2020. 


5) TGIF ! Thank God Is Friday ! My takeaway lunch (Rm9 = US$2.14) - roasted duck from a well known restaurant in USJ, Subang Jaya ie Wei Kee, USJ 10/1e, Taipan Business Center, Subang Jaya, Selangor (Friday 28 2020) 


6) Chat time with my ex-badminton mates (Chan & Jason) for an afternoon tea & dim sum / pastries in Restoran Jin Xuan Hong Kong, Petaling Jaya Old Town Branch, Selangor - 10 plates of assorted dim sum / pastries + a pot of Chinese tea = Rm63 (US$15) - Friday Feb 28 2020


7) Chat time with my Klang buddies for a lunch in our regular meeting place ie Soon Tong Restaurant, Klang - Black sauce Hokkien Mee + Yin Yong Kong Fu Chow + Oyster egg on hot plate + Chinese tea (BYO) = Rm48 (US$11.40) for 4 persons (KM, Wong, Hui & Chim) - Monday March 2 2020


8) Chat time with my Klang travel buddy, Boon over a dinner in SS2 Food Court, Petaling Jaya - Nasi Lemak + Chicken fillet + sliced egg + cucumber + anchovies / peanuts & sambal Rm10 + ice cendol Rm3.50 + sugar cane juice drink Rm4 = Rm17.50 (US$4.16) per pax (Wednesday March 4 2020)


9) Lunch with brother Weng at a noodle stall in Subang Jaya - pork dumpling mi hoon soup RM6 (US$1.42)


10) Chat time with my ex-badminton mates (Chan, Jason & Chor) over a dim sum lunch in Restoran Jin Xuan Hong Kong, Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya - 11 plates of assorted dim sum & pastries Rm70 (US$16.70)


No comments:

Post a Comment