Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Free & Easy Travelling - My Good Old Days - My Travel Buddies


Image result for best travel buddies quotes


" You don't have to be rich to travel well " 

" Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest. It's about who come & never left your side " 

" LIFE was meant for good friends & great adventures "

After my retirement in May 2006, I made some new friends and a few of them have become my good friends cum travel buddies in recent years ! I had a great & wonderful time travelling with each of them - following my Cuti Cuti (Vacation), Jalan Jalan (Walkabout) & Makan Makan (Eating) style of outing; spending our golden years travelling free & easy within our  home country (Malaysia) & neighboring / nearby countries ie Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, China & Maldives !  To all my travel buddies, please stay healthy & happy travelling ! Thank you all for the friendship and making each of my free & easy travelling together with you all a memorable one ! 

My Good Old Day cycling in Sukhothai , Thailand (2017) 

1) My Travel Buddy - Mr Ng, SS17, Subang Jaya - Yogyakarta, Indonesia (2009)

Ng & KM - Yogyakarta, Indonesia (2009)

2) My Travel Buddy from SS17, Subang Jaya - Mr Teh, now in his early 80's, now due to health reasons, he is no longer able to travel with my group; It was through Mr Teh that I got acquainted with Mr Leong ! 

Teh (Ipoh,Malaysia) - 2014

3) My Travel Buddy from University Garden, Petaling Jaya, Mr Leong who passed away in May 2017 at the age of 86 due to illness - may his soul rests in peace ! Leong joined my group and visited Betong, Thailand in 2010-2011 & 2014 and his last visit with us was to Pangkor island, Peninsula Malaysia in 2016. It was through Mr Leong that I got to know my Klang buddy group ie Wong, Tee & Chim ! 

Leong & KM in Betong, Thailand 2011
Leong, Wong, Tee & KM (Pangkor Island, Perak) - 2016 

4) My Travel Buddy - Mr K C Choy (my qigong mate from USJ11, Subang Jaya) - together we visited Vietnam & Cambodia (2014) & China (2012 & 2013)

Choy & KM in Hue, Vietnam (2014)
Choy (Guangzhou, China) - 2013
Choy & KM (Beichuan, Sichuan, China) 2012 
KM & Choy, Xian, China (2012)

5) My Travel Buddies from Klang & Petaling Jaya - Chim, Wong, Tee (a cousin of Wong), Hui & Boon (a brother of Wong) - together with this Klang buddy group, we had so far accomplished 6 trips having visited Thailand (2014, 2016, 2017 & 2018), Laos (2017) & Cambodia (2018). My Klang buddy group loves to visit Thailand and me too - so bird of a feather flock together ! The countries & cities I visited together with my Klang buddies were:

1) 2014 (Jan) - Thailand (Betong)
2) 2016 (Feb) - Thailand (Hatyai, Hua Hin, Bangkok, The Bridge of the River Kwai, Sukhothai, Chiangmai, Chiang Rai & The Golden Triangle & Mae Sai)
3) 2017(Feb) - Thailand (Hatyai, Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Nong Khai) & Laos (Vientiane, Van Vieng & Lua Prabang) 
4) 2017(August) - Thailand (Hatyai, Songkhla & Hua Hin)
5) 2018(August) - Thailand (Hatyai, Bangkok, Koh Chang, Chanthaburi & Pattaya)
6) 2018(March) - Cambodia (Siam Reap, Angkor Wat & Phenom Pehn)


Mr Wong - Gua Tempurung, Perak, Malaysia (2018)

Wong, Tee & Hui (Hua Hin, Thailand) - 2016
KM, Tee, Hui & Wong (Sukhothai, Thailand) - 2016

Hua Lamphong Train Station, Bangkok, Thailand (2018)
Tee, Chim, KM & Wong (Ayutthaya, Thailand) 2017
Chim & Tee (Luang Prabang, Laos) 2017
Chim, Wong, Tee & KM (Bukit Jugra, Selangor, Malaysia) - 2017
KM, Wong & Tee (Sukhothai, Thailand) 2016
My Klang Travel Bussies  ie Tee, Wong, Chim, KM & Hui - The 5 Musketeers (Malaysia) 2017
Wong, Chim, Boon & Tee at A-One Star hotel lobby, Pattaya (2018)

6) My Travel Buddy - Mr K C Leong - my qigong mate from USJ11, Subang Jaya; a sunshine runner & hiker (www.penguin-r2.blogspot.com) ; together we visited China (Xian & Hangzhou), Philippines (Manila), Maldives & Bangladesh, all in 2017 ! 

KC Leong & KM (Sornagaon, Bangladesh) 2017
KC (Manila, Philippines) - 2017
KC & Spouse (Male City, Maldives) 2017
KC (Tianshui, Gansu, China) 2017
Group package tour to Hangzhou & Jiangnam, China (2017)

7) My Travel Buddy - Mr Lam from Singapore; together we visited Pulau Ketam, Ipoh, Klang old town & downtown Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Lam joined my Klang buddy group & visited southern Thailand (2018).
   
Ipoh Train Station, Perak, Malaysia - 2018
Lam, Tee, Chim, KM & Boon - Koh Chang Island (2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment