Sunday, September 30, 2012

China (Guilin, Guangxi) Sept 2012

Map of Guilin, Guangxi, China

Hostel: How Flowers Hostel (3 nights) - Y45 (double bed) + Y35x2 (dorm)
Train: Guilin > Chengdu East - Y104
Airport shuttle bus: Y20 x 2
Food: Y124
Sundry: Y84

Total cost incurred (3 days): Y467

Guilin was our first city of call in China. From Guilin, I then planned my trips (mainly by trains or long distance buses) to Chengdu, Xian, Xining, Golmud, Yushu, Garze, Kangding & Fenghuang. I stayed a total of 3 nights in Guilin and spent most of my time resting in the youth hostel and wandering around the city center and enjoying the local food.

In 2004, I had visited the Guanxi province on a 7 day package tour with my wife and other relatives so I skipped visiting the major touristy places in Guilin on this trip. 


1) Air Asia flight from KLIA2, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Guilin, Guangxi, China


2) Walkabout with my travel buddy in Guilin city, Guanxi, my 3 nights stay in Guilin before taking a train to Chengdu, Sichuan


" President Bill Clinton's visit to Lijiang River & Yangshuo in 1998. The landscape in Guilin is not only belong to China but also belong to the whole world . East or West, Guilin scenery is the best "

1 comment:

  1. Happy to note that you enjoy reading my travel blog ! Thanks for the Singing Dong tribe video clip in Youtube - very entertaining & informative.

    ReplyDelete