Friday, May 25, 2012

Gibraltar April/May 2012


Total Expenses incurred (Day trip): 19.75 pounds + E$4.50 = Rm117.00
Bus: Algeciras > Gibraltar return E2.25x2=E$4.50
Food: 10.00 pounds
Cable car: 9.75 pounds


Gibraltar

From the Algeciras bus station, I took a bus (E$4.50 return) to La Linea bus station, a 10 mins walk to the Immigration check-point of Gibraltar - a British colony. Guessed what, my Passport was stamped with a stylish GIB alphabet on it - I am glad that I had left my footprints in Gibraltar ! 

Together with a tourist from Argentina, we spent the whole afternoon exploring Gibraltar. We passed the airport, the main highway; the main street; a cable car ride (9.75 pounds) to see the Rock of Gibraltar; watching Barbary Macaques monkeying politely for food from tourists and treating ourselves with a traditional fish & chip + coke (10 pounds) at a side walk cafe. 

I had finally fulfilled my childhood dream to see Gibraltar - a long way from home to see the Rock of Gibraltar !



No comments:

Post a Comment