Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thailand (Bangkok) Nov 2010 D-1


My wife and myself were in a holiday mood and we were eagerly looking forward for a relaxing vacation in Bangkok & Pattaya. I had visited Bangkok about 4-5 times in the past (both leisure and official) but this was a first trip for my wife. Pattaya was my first visit.

At 17.30, my elder son drove us from Subang Jaya to KLIA and we arrived at the airport at around 18.30. On arrival, we met up with our Malaysian tour guide, Mr Tan who assisted us in our luggage check-in etc.

Our Lufthansa German Airline flight departed KLIA on time (21.45) and arrived in Bangkok airport at 23.15 local time. The big jumbo Boeing 747 flight took approx 1 hr 30 mins from KL to Bangkok.




After the immigration clearance and luggage collection, we boarded an airconditioned 30 seater bus and throughout the next 4 days, a local tour guide had been assigned to look after our entire tour activities in Bangkok and Pattaya.

For the first night in Bangkok, our tour group stayed in Ratchada City Hotel. After a warm shower, I retired to bed as a morning call had been set to wake us up at 05.00 ! A real torture for late night owls & party goers !!! I can't say No No to the early wake up call as for the next 4 days, I had to live with taking orders from our local tour guide, Mr Yang (nicknamed by me as Billy the Goat as he "yak" a lot in the bus throughout the 5 days - we all really enjoyed his dirty jokes !) who overnight became our Commander in Chief in our tour group. As a free & easy traveler for the last 5 years, I had to tolerate and adapt to this change - team work and spirit were the order of the day !
" Amazing to hear that the new dragon shape Bangkok airport building took 44 long years to build and complete. This mega project has seen eight Thai Prime Minister's come and gone so to the Thai people, all that was expected from them was to be patience, patience and more patience !

To all the people from the Land of Smiles ! I salute you. Like Malaysia, you too can walk tall as Thailand has one of the tallest buildings in the world.

The Secrets of Life: Relationship works best when they are balanced "


No comments:

Post a Comment