Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Dreams - Top Wonders of the World

" We all have Dreams. But in order to make Dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort "

" The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their Dreams "

" A Dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination & hard work "   

By chance, I came across a travel website under http://www.famouswonders.com/ entitled "Top 100 Wonders of the World". Little did I realize that after 7 years of travelling (since 2006), my travel blog has some 50 pictures of famous places I had visited and guessed what, these places were nominated as the top 100 wonders of the world in this website version - is'nt it amazing !!! One of them is in our own backyard ie The Petronas Twin Tower - surprise ! surprise !

Here are the real pictures of the top wonders I had taken in my travel. What a consolation for me - you reap what you sow ! Otherwise I do not have theses pictures to share with you in my travel blog captioned " My Travel Days - My Life ". From 2005-2009 April, I used another of my travel blog website : http://www.km-travel.blogspot.com/ to jog my memory cum traveling experiences in places like Japan, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, India, Cambodia etc.

Have my desire to see the civilized and natural wonders of the world been met at this stage ? I don't know. Maybe I should let my mental, physical and mental strength dictate my body and soul from now on .......

Pictures of the Top Wonders of the World I had visited:

Australia (1995) - Sydney Opera House



Cambodia (2006) - Angor Wat, Siem Reap



Croatia (2014) - Dubrovnik Old City 



China (1997, 2002, 2004, 2009) - 1) Terracotta Soldiers, Xian & 2) Forbidden City, Beijing




3) Lijiang River, Guilin (2004)



4) Great Wall of China; 5) Temple of Heaven,Beijing (1997, 2002& 2010); 6) Hong Kong Harbour (1986, 2013)























Czech Republic (2009) - Prague Old Town



1 & 2) Egypt (2008) - Egyptian Museum, Cairo & Pyramids of Giza







































3 & 4) Abu Simbel Temple & Valley of the Kings




5 & 6) Karnak Temple, Luxor & Nile River Cruise










































































1 & 2) France (2009) - Versailles & Louvre Museum, Paris




3) Eiffel Tower, Paris (2009)



Greece (2010) - Acropolis in Parthenon, Athens



1 & 2) India (2007) - Taj Mahal, Agra & Kashmir Valley




3) Ladakh, Northen India bordering Tibet (2007)



1 & 2) Indonesia (2009) - Borobudur Temple, Yogyarkata & Bali (2011)



























1 & 2) Italy (2010) - St Peter's Basilica, Vatican City (2010) & Leaning Tower of Pisa (2011) 




3 & 4) Canals of Venice (2011) & Colosseum of Rome (2010)




5) Florence Cityscape (2011) & St Mark's Cathedral (2011)







































Japan (2010) - Golden Pavilion, Kyoto



1 & 2) Jordan (2008) - Dead Sea & Petra




Malaysia (home country) - Petronas Twin Towers



1 & 2) Myanmar (2012) - Schwedagon Pagoda & Bagan 









Nepal (2013) - Kathmandu City






































Norway (2011) - Fjords of Norway



1 & 2) Russia (2009) - Hermitage Museum, St Petersburg & St Basil Cathedral, Moscow




3) Kremlin, Moscow



1 & 2) Spain (2012) - Alhambra & Mosque of Cordoba







































Syria (2008) - Umayyard Mosque, Damascus 



Thailand (2003) - Emerald Buddha Temple, Bangkok



1 & 2) Turkey (2008) - Cappadocia & Hagia Sophia, Istanbul




3) Tokapi Palace, Istanbul



1 & 2) United Kingdom (2009,2010) Stonehenge, Salisbury & British Museum




" The Secret of Life : 1) You feel happiness through what you experience, not because of what you are; 2) Should you encounter a problem along your way, change your direction but not your destination; 3) Today is a gift, that is why it is called THE PRESENT. My travel blog is the greatest gift I treasure after my retirement. Happy reading. "

No comments:

Post a Comment