Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nepal (Sarangkot) March 2013


Sarangkot (1,592m) is a small village on top of a hill, about 5 km from Pokhara's Lakeside. On the 3rd day, I took the opportunity to trek up the hill to catch a glimpse of the Annapurna Range - though it was cloudy when I reached the top, but I managed to see the fish tail (the highest peak) of Annapurna from far. Most travelers could take a taxi to the hill top and watch the sunrise in order to have a clearer view of Annapurna. It took me about 5 hrs to trek up and down this hill - but it was well worth the efforts - seeing some actions on top ie paragliding and a panoramic view of Pokhara & excellent lake view !



" It's your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you but no one can walk it for you - a little mountain trekking & hiking up the Sarangkot hill - I did it my way ! "



2 comments:

  1. Mr Cheng
    this is bea chia. Another option for transportation to KLIA or LCCT is to get to KL Sentral. There are hourly buses to KLIA for about the same price as to LCCT. 59 mins ride. Drops you at the lower level garage with eateries.
    My taxi from PJ was 100rm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea, thanks for your advice re transport from KL Sentral. I agree with you it is so convenient and much cheaper to take bus from Sentral to KLIA or LCCT.

    ReplyDelete