Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Dreams - My Travel Days 2006 - 2013


After retirement, I am like a giraffe sticking my neck out to see the world as much as possible .....what I like about free & easy traveling is that it really tests your mental, physical & spiritual strength to the utmost ......

 " Dare to live the LIFE you have dreamed for yourself - Go forward and make your dreams come true "

" Do not regret growing older, it's a pprivilege deny to many " 

" Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself " 

My travel days (2006-2013) - the best moments of my retirement LIFE. Don't take LIFE for granted. Cherish every moment you have.

After retirement at a tender age of 56, traveling was in my blood ! There was a big learning curve in planning my free & easy travels right from the beginning. I started with a clean sheet of paper, the first step towards accomplishing my dream of seeing a total of 48 countries since 2006 till now ! Prior to retirement and after working for 36 years, I had only visited 10 countries, mainly achieved through working visits or on holidays ! So for new starters, go somewhere until you have no where to go !   

I have no regret taking up travelling as a passion after my retirement - away from the comfort zone I enjoyed at home, using my six senses to wander and see the world and like all wise travelers, you should never despise your own country ! Happy travelling !

" A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step " 

" When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make it's own people comfortable " 

" If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion & avoid the people, you might better stay at home "

" Lucky me, I have a travel blog to jog my memory after each travel and share my travel experiences & stories to my readers - those wonderful years of travelling from 2006 till now ! Happy reading !!! "

2013


- Dec  My 11 days in China (Guangzhou, Foshan, Shenzhen, Hong Kong & Macau)

- Sept My 21 days in China (Guangzhou, Chaozhou, Shantou, Xiamen, Hukeng Tulou, Meizhou, Shenzen, Hong Kong, Macau & Sanya & Haikou) 
- June    My 8 days in Thailand (Hatyai,Krabi, Phi Phi Islands, Koh Samui & Phuket)
- Mar My 15 days in Nepal (Kathmandu, Pokhara, Sarangkot, Chitwan National Park & Bhaktapur      
- Jan      My 6 days in Sri Lanka ( Colombo, Kandy, Sigiriya & Galle )

2012

- Jan My 3 days in Singapore
- May My 31 days in Europe (Paris, London, Edinburgh, Geneva, Laussane, Bern, Lucerne, Interlaken, Zurich, Lichtenstein, Madrid, Toledo, Seville, Granada, Cordoba, Algericas, Lisbon, Gilbratar & Fez, Morocco)
-Sept  My 22 days in China (Guilin, Chengdu, Beichuan, Xian, Xining, Golmud, Yushu, Garze, Kangding & Fenghuang )
-Dec My 9 days in South Korea (Jeju Island, Seoul & Mt Sorak)     
Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter 2012

2011

-Jan   My 9 days in Northern Thailand & Laos (Bangkok, Vientiane & Lua Prabang )
-April My 3 days in Southern Thailand (Betong) 
-June My 36 days in Europe (London, Warsaw, Talinn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, Turku, Paris, Barcelona, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Ljubljana, Zagred, Sarajevo & Vienna)
-Aug My 6 days in Kota Kinabalu & Mt KK , Sabah, Malaysia
- Nov My 23 days in China (Tianjin, Haerbin, Manzhouli, Changbaishan, Shenyang, Tingchuan, Xining, Changsa & Cuilin " 
- Nov My 4 days in Indonesia ( Bali )

2010

April  My 14 days in Japan (Shizuoka, Osaka, Hiroshima, Miyajima Island, Himeiji City, Hyogo, Yokohama & Tokyo)
June My 40 days in Europe (London, Luxembourg, Berlin, Copenhagen, Krakow, Bratislava, Vienna, Bucharest, Sofia, Athens & Rome)
July   My Dream - Discovering Europe
My Dream - Top Wonders of the World
My Dream - The Great Wonders of the World
- Oct My 30 days in China (Tianjin, Beijing, Taishan, Qufu, Suzhou, Anhui, Hangzhou, Wuyishan, Lushan, Wudangshan, Wulingyuan, Dali, Lijiang & Guilin)
- Nov My 5 days in Thailand (Bangkok & Pattaya)

2009     

-July My 45 days in Europe, Russia, Mongolia & China (London, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Cesky Krumlov. Cesky Nedejovice, Riga, Talinn, Moscow, St Petersburg, Irkutsk, Lake Baikal, Ulan Bataar & Beijing)  
- Oct My 29 days in China (Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou, Huanlong, Chonqing, Yangtzekiang, Yichang, Luoyang, Pingyao, Datong, Beijing & Tianjin)
- Dec M
y 3 days in Cameron Highlands & Qigong camp 
From 2006 - March 2009, all my travels & pictures are posted in my old blog : www.km-travel.blogspot.com

2009
     
-Mar My 5 days in Indonesia (Jogyakarta, Borobudur, Daeing & Solo)

2008

-Nov    My 37 days in Jordan, Syria, Turkey & Egypt (Amman, Jerash, Dead Sea, Madaba, Mt Nebo, Petra, Aqaba, Damascus, Palmyra, Homs, Aleppo, Antakya, Cappadocia, Istanbul, Selcuk, Ephesus, Bodrum, Pamukkale, Canakkale, Cairo, Aswan, Luxor, Alexandria, Port Said & Nuweiba)
-July   My 14 days in Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Shizuoka, Nara, Kyoto & Ninja Village)

2007

-Jan  My 4 days in Thailand (Bangkok & Ayutthaya)
My 24 days in Northern India, Kashmir & Himalaya (New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Kashmir, Leh/Ladakh, Manali, Mcleod Ganz & Shima)
My 6 days in North Vietnam (Hanoi, Halong Bay & Catba Island) 

2006  

-Jan My 16 days in China (Xian, Huashan, Turpan, Dun Huang, Urumqi, Buerjin, Karamay & Kanas Lake )
- Nov   My 4 days in Cambodia (Siem Reap)
One for the album - The Best Moments of My Life - These places I visited are thousand miles away from home - A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step !!! Have you taken your first baby step in traveling ?

Kanas Lake Nature Reserve, Xinjiang, China - 2006

Taj Mahal, Agra, India - 2007

Petra, Jordan - 2008
Trans-Mongolian Railway, Russia - 2009

Sakura season, Kyoto, Japan - 2010
Norwegian Fjords , Norway - 2011
Interlaken, Switzerland - 2012
Patan Durbar Square, Nepal - 2013

" Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends ..... the mind can never break off from the journey " 


" Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony "

No comments:

Post a Comment