![]() |
| Narati River Valley Prairie, Xinjiang |
![]() |
| Sky Grassland, Narati, Xinjiang |
D-23 Monday Aug 31 2026 (Narati Prairie or Grassland, Xinjiang) - devoted a full day visiting the Narati River Valley Prairie & Sky Prairie located 3km from our hotel. In the evening, I made a solo evening visit to downtown Narati nearby my hotel to get a feel of the nightlife. Not to forget today is Malaysia's National Independence Day, Wishing all my fellow Malaysians a Happy Merdeka Day !
I enjoyed listening to this Mainland Chinese moving song "The Shepherd of Koktokay" written & originally sung by the artist Wang Qi, now a massive hit !
The chorus capture the deep pain of the shepherd waiting alone:
- Sweetheart, I am waiting for you in Koktokay
- They say you married and moved to Yili
- Is it because the Nalati Grassland there is more beautiful ?
- Or because the apricot blossoms there made sweeter honey for you ?
- Outside my tent I hear the camel bells ring again
- But I know deep down, it isn't you .....
I am glad that for this free & easy trip to North & West Xinjiang, I showed up in Koktokay, Yili (Yining) & Nalati Grassland so that I could gain an appreciation & better understanding of this lovely song, famous for telling a beautiful but sad story set in the real LIFE, beautiful region of Koktokay in Xinjiang ! Indeed the beautiful grassland of Koktokay, Narati & the county town of Yining captivated my heart when I paid a purposeful visit to these 3 most visited places in Xinjiang - my most memorable trip ! So when you are in Xinjiang, think of the " The Shepherd of Koktokay" song, camel, honey, Narati, Yili, tents, sheep & shepherd, apricots ...... you will be in high spirit & a beautiful day awaiting you ..... but watch the weather as northern Xinjiang in early Autumn (Sept) could drop to -4C in Jiadengyi (near Kanas Geopark) ! As for my travel buddy, a first timer to Xinjiang, this Xinjiang visit was a "gifted" one as my travel itinerary includes Koktokay, Narati & Yili when I crafted the first draft travel plan (budget-friendly) right from the start !
Public Transport: Narati internal shuttle bus (CNY12 + 20, free admission for senior bove 70+) & 1 Didi ride (CNY11.19)
1) My early morning walk & breakfast (CNY12, porridge & steamed buns) in a local restaurant nearby the hotel in Narati prior to my visit to Narati Grassland Scenic Area.




















































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment