Monday, May 6, 2024

Malaysia (My Little LIFE Pleasure in late March & April 2024)

The Klang Gates Quartz Ridge 
Persiaran Bukit Melawati, Selangor
(The longest Quartz formation
in the world)

 

My little LIFE pleasure in late March / April 2024 - little outings (Kuala Lumpur City Centre & Suburban towns in Selangor), little prayers (Qing Ming festival), little discovery (Klang Gates Quartz Ridge), little hillside viewpoints (Lookout Point Jalan Kolam Air, Taman Desa Melawati & Bukit Antarabangsa), little meet ups with my travel buddies (KF, Thompson & Klang group), little eats (yong tau fu, steamed ginger paste tilapia fish, Assam fish, braised pork leg, Hokkien mee, Ying Yang noodles, beef ball noodles, roasted pork & char siew rice, Western food & a little El Nino phenomenon emerging in April probably till June ..... enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back & realise they were the big things !    

1) Qing Ming Festival (March 29 2024 09.00 > 10.00) -  Qing Ming prayers (together with my wife & siblings) in Sau Seng Lum Buddhist Temple, Seksen 1, Petaling Jaya Oldtown, Selangor (a place for Buddhist practice & dharma teachings) - paying respects, remembering & expressing gratitude to departed loved ones (my wife's granny). 


2) Qing Ming Festival (March 29 2024, 10.30 > 11.30) - Qing Ming prayers (together with my wife & siblings) in Kwong Tong Cemetery, Jalan Dewan Bahasa, Kuala Lumpur, performing filial piety & remembering departed loved ones (my dad & mum & 2 brothers)  


3) Lunch (after the Qing Ming prayers) with my wife & siblings in Sun Kee Yong Tau Fu Restaurant, SS18, Subang Jaya, Selangor 


4) Lunch with my travel buddy, Thompson Tham in Soong Kee Beef Noodle Restaurant, Jalan Tun H S Lee, City Centre, Kuala Lumpur (April 3 2024) 


5) My evening walk in neighbourhood Subang Jaya - a red setting sun appearing over the horizon beckoning a day is about to past & arrival of nightfall ! 


6) Qing Ming Festival (March 29 2024, 10.30 > 11.30) - Qing Ming prayers (together with my wife, younger sister & brother + wife) in Kwong Tong Cemetery, Jalan Dewan Bahasa, Kuala Lumpur


7) Lunch with my wife & sisters in Puchong Yong Tau Fu BT14, Taman Equine, Seri Kembangan, Selangor (March 29 2024 after the Qing Ming prayer) 


8) Suburban visit to my ex-colleague new home in Taman TAR, Ampang Jaya, Selangor - my 1st time visit to this suburban residential area near Kuala Lumpur, scenic view of Kuala Lumpur seen from the apartment's balcony (April 27 2024) 


9) Lookout Point Jalan Kolam Air, Taman Desa Melawati, Kuala Lumpur, winding roads & hillside scenery etc 


10) Western food lunch with my ex-colleague Goh & Lisa in Miss Ellie's Tea House, Jalan H3, Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur (April 13 2024, a treat from Goh & Lisa) 


11) The Klang Gates Quartz Ridge, Persiaran Bukit Melawati, Selangor - locally known as Bukit Hangus, Dragon's Back & Crystal Hill, a quartz dyke that runs through northeast of Kuala Lumpur & the state of Selangor, Malaysia within Lagong-Kanching-Klang Gates region, next to the Klang Gates Dam, at more than 14km long & 200m wide, it is the longest quartz formation in the world, hiker's trail takes 3-4 hour climb & the ridge peak offers view of the dam & panoramic views of Kuala Lumpur from the north. 


12) Riverview Kemensar, Taman Melawati - a private upmarket residential area next to a small stream surrounded by greeneries, my 1st visit. 


13) Bukit Antarabangsa Viewpoint, Ampang Jaya, Selangor - my 1st time visit ! A great place to watch sunset & a spectacular view of Kuala Lumpur city ! 


14) Dato Keramat LRT station, Kuala Lumpur - took a LRT train from SS15, Subang Jaya > Dato Keramat station & return, pick up point for my visit to my ex-colleague house in Ampang Jaya. 


15) Renewal of my International Passport in Malaysian Immigration Office, Kelana Jaya, Selangor (fee of Rm100 for senior citizen) - waiting time & collection of new passport 08.00 > 11.30, April 15, 2024; by LRT train ride ride from SS15, Subang Jaya > Kelana Jaya (2 stops). 


16) My 74th pre-birthday dinner with my family members (totalled 5 people) in Meng Kee Restaurant, USJ11, Subang Jaya, Selangor - savoured 4 Chinese tai-chow dishes + a pot of hot Chinese tea totalled Rm106 = US$22 (April 27 2024) 


17) Lunch with my brother & sisters in Soon Hing BBQ Wan Tan Mee Restaurant, Taman Equine, Seri Kembangan, Selangor (April 28 2024)


18) Lunch with my Klang travel buddies (Chim, Wong & Hui) in Soon Tong Restaurant, Taman Selatan, Klang, Selangor, savoured 3 tai-chow dishes (noodles & stir-fried vegetable) Rm49 (US$10.20, a treat from KM) 

No comments:

Post a Comment