Thursday, August 10, 2006

China (Xian, Shaanxi > Turpan, Xinjiang) May 2006 D-4


I slept well in the train last night. At around 5.00am, I saw snow on the ground when I looked outside of the train window. I believed our train had just passed a high mountain range in one of the northern Xinjiang region. During the day, the train passed the Gobi dessert.

I had Kung Sifu instant noodle for breakfast and lunch using boiling water from a tap at the end of train wagon. For dinner, I bought a prepacked set meal (Rmb10) ie rice, pickled vegetable & fried eggs from a train worker pushing a food trolley walking up and down in our wagon.

I spent the rest of day reading our tourist brochures on Xinjiang and sitting near a side table looking at the outside scenery. An old Chinses couple occupying the opposite bed was very chatty and I enjoyed my conversation with them.



" My first experience taking a 3 days 2 nights train ride from Xian to Turpan ! A great experience ! Train station jam packed with passengers rushing & jostling for seats, sleeping on the upper most sleeper bed with head close to the ceiling , breakfast and lunch eating Kung Sifu instant beef noodles, chatting with Chinese friends from next door, looking out of the train windows to admire the country side scenery - not a single dull moment and I enjoyed the ride very much ! "


No comments:

Post a Comment